Why is Facebook so slow in 2021? Make it Faster Now
During the Covid-19 pandemic, Facebook was essential in bringing people from all over the world together. Many people used Facebook to start fundraisers to aid developing countries in their fight against the deadly illness. The World Health Organization (WHO) also used Facebook to raise awareness about the virus by recommending various strategies to protect ourselves from it.
During the pandemic, Facebook also aided the growth of small companies. Because small business owners were unable to operate their stores during the lockout, they felt helpless, but Facebook came to their rescue. Small business owners, such as local grocery stores and pharmacies, were able to promote their items online through Facebook, and many people purchased them.
Many people nowadays are talking about how slow Facebook loads. This isn’t due to a lack of internet access. With the same internet connection, all of the other apps work perfectly, but something is wrong with Facebook, which is frustrating many users.
Major Features of Facebook
News Feed, Friends, Timeline, Likes and Reactions, Comments, Messages and Inbox, Notification, Groups, and many other features are available on Facebook.
1. News Feed: The News Feed displays all of your and friends’ content, as well as all of the pages and groups you follow. The News Feed is constantly updated, bringing you all of the most recent posts and photographs.
2. Friends: This is undoubtedly Facebook’s most useful feature! You create an online link with someone by adding them to your friend list, whether you know them or not. Your timeline will display all of your friend’s photos, videos, memes, and tales.
A new request to add someone as a Facebook friend will show in your notification section, and you can accept or reject the request. Remember that if you add someone to your friend list, they will have access to your personal information such as your date of birth, where you reside, and where you work/school/college.
Let’s say you want to keep this information to yourself. In that situation, it is advised that you do not disclose these details while creating your Facebook account.
3. Timeline: A timeline is similar to a photo gallery for a person’s profile. It displays all of the person’s recent posts. Facebook has added a cover photo function, which means that if you have one, it will appear behind your profile picture when someone visits your timeline.
4. Likes and Reactions: Reactions on Facebook are a lot of fun. The ‘Like’ button was the first reaction introduced by Facebook in 2009.
These reactions can be used to express your reaction to someone’s post. Aside from “Like,” there are six more reactions: Angry, Haha, Wow, Love, Sad, and Care. Recently, Facebook introduced the “care” reaction.
5. Comments: This option allows you to leave a comment on someone else’s post. In the comments box, you can also upload Stickers, GIFs, and Pictures.
6. Messages and Inbox: Facebook Messenger is an online chat tool that allows you to communicate with your Facebook friends. Facebook Chat was the name of the function when it was first introduced in 2008. They spent years developing their app before releasing it in August 2011 for both iOS and Android.
This app is quite beneficial. We can use it to communicate with our pals. Video calling, voice calling, exchanging photographs, stickers, and GIFs are just a few of the many options available.
7. Notifications: This function keeps us informed about all of the activities on our Facebook account. For example, if someone likes your photo, the App will send you a notification with the person’s name and the time when they reacted. With the help of this function, you will also be notified about other items relevant to your and your friends’ profiles.
8. Groups: Individual users can form Facebook groups, which members can use to share things like questions, their experiences with a certain incident, links, media, and so on.
Generally, groups are formed to bring people together who share common interests. For example, there are sports groups where people can discuss sports, political groups, charitable groups, and a variety of others.
Why is Facebook so slow?
People nowadays complain about Facebook’s poor loading speed. This is due to the addition of new features. New features are extremely beneficial to users, but they also place a significant burden on the app and server.
When Marc Zuckerberg first established Facebook in 2004, it was a very basic and basic site with very few functions. Despite this, they have added a slew of new features over the 16 long years, resulting in delayed loading. Check out the next section to figure out why your Facebook is so slow.
What Causes Facebook to Load Slowly
When you’re trying to go through your timeline or watch an interesting video, slow loading might be really annoying. Facebook can be slow for a variety of reasons, regardless of whether you are using a PC or a mobile device.
The following are some specific PC or laptop issues that can cause Facebook to load slowly:
- Toolbars from third parties that are installed in the web browser
- Installed an unnecessary browser extension
Now, let’s look at the issues that cause Facebook to load slowly on both devices (PC or mobile phones)
- Server Issues
- The version of the Web browser
- No cleaning of cache cookies
- Internet Issues
- Not using VPN
Simple Steps for Fixing up the Errors:
You can follow the procedures outlined below to resolve the delayed loading issue:
1. Check Your Internet Connection: A slow internet connection can cause slow loading. Make sure your internet connection is working properly. If everything appears to be in order but the problem remains, you should contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
2. Use a VPN: As previously stated, one of the biggest causes of Facebook loading slowly is a slow internet connection. However, if your internet connection is fine but you still can’t get Facebook to load, you can utilize VPNs to help.
By connecting to a different server, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can make Facebook load faster. If your ISP’s server experiences any problems, utilizing a VPN to access Facebook will not be a problem.
Not only can a VPN help you access Facebook faster, but it can also help you protect your personal information and remove any geographical restrictions by establishing a secure connection.
3. Keeping Your System Clean: If you’re using a PC to access Facebook, close any unwanted background programs. If you’re using a smartphone, clear your recent apps and restart the app.
It’s also a good idea to erase your cache, cookies, and browsing history to keep your device clean.
4. Browser Version: Because older browser versions of Facebook may not work, it is best to use the most recent browser version. Reinstalling your web browser might sometimes assist your computer in processing all of the files and settings necessary to run Facebook smoothly.
5. Disabling third-party toolbars from your Web browser: When using a PC or laptop to access Facebook, any third-party toolbar or plugin can slow down your loading speed.
Removing those toolbars or extensions may appear to be useful, but a user can only judge whether or not the tools or extensions are essential to serve their goals.
If you’re using Google Chrome, type “chrome:/extensions/” into the URL bar to see all the extensions that have been installed. Disable the ones that aren’t necessary or useful.
If you’re using Mozilla Firefox, go to the “Tools” menu and look for the add-ons you want to disable.
6. Check for App update: If you’re using the Facebook app on your phone, an update may be available in the Google Play store. Simply update the app, and everything should be OK.
7. Third-Party Apps: Some third-party apps are promoted on Facebook and claim to improve your experience. If you’ve already downloaded one, uninstall it and try loading it again. This should resolve your issue, as most of these Apps are malware, slowing down your app’s performance.
Everyone in today’s society enjoys using social media, with Facebook being the most well-known. Facebook’s poor loading speeds can be frustrating and disheartening at times. For many of us, Facebook is a source of fun.
Aside from that, if one’s Facebook is really slow, business or health-related information may be missed.
Not to worry; if you follow the methods outlined above, you will be able to solve your problem.
Remember that Facebook takes its community guidelines very seriously. As a result, trolling someone or revealing any sensitive information might lead to an investigation by law enforcement.
As a result, obey all of the rules and use Facebook to receive your daily dosage of pleasure.