In this tutorial, we will show you how to use your smartphone as a remote control for your PC/laptop. By this tutorial, you can easily control all the functioning of your computer’s mouse and keyboard through your phone.
Maybe you are carrying out a presentation on PowerPoint and the thought of reaching out to the laptop every now and then is not as appealing to you as using your phone as a remote control.
How to Use Phone as a Mouse, Keyboard, and Remote Control for Your PC
Method 1. Using PC Remote app
There are a lot of tools that allows you to do this but my go-to, and the one that we’ll look at today is PC Remote.
Why this application? It is simple and easy to use, unlike others we have tried that try to jam everything into one application.
For this to work, you need to download the PC Remote application on your PC/laptop and smartphone.
Notes: Make sure your smartphone is on the same Wi-Fi network as your PC/laptop.
1. Download and install the PC Remote app on PC.
2. Install the PC Remote app on your smart device.
3. Once you’ve installed both applications, simply launch the application on your PC/laptop by double clickling on the desktop icon.
4. Now, go to your smartphone and launch the PC Remote application. Tap “Connect” button, it’ll display you a list of remotes you can select.
5. Next, you simple select your PC/laptop. And then you’ll be presented with a trackpad on your smartphone.
And that is it. Go on and use your phone as a trackpad for your PC/Laptop as long as they’re both connected to the WiFi network. If you need to type something on your screen, simply tap on the Keyboard icon and it’ll pop up.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to turn your phone into a wireless mouse and keyboard:
Method 2. Using Remote Mouse
This is made possible through a PC app and a smartphone app combo called Remote Mouse. The app on your phone connects to the server app on your PC, which allows it to send keyboard, mouse, and other remote control for your PC.
Step 2. Next, you’ll need to install the Remote Mouse app for Android, iPhone.
Step 3. Open the app on your phone. The app will scan your local network to search for a PC running the server.
Notes: Make sure your phone is on the same Wi-Fi network as your PC.
Step 4. Once it’s done, it’ll display you a list of remotes you can select.
Now you are ready to use.
Hope something helps you.