Remove Nearbyme.io Virus
Is Nearbyme.io a Virus?
Nearbyme.io is a website where you may find a fake search engine. It is not a virus because it does not act maliciously. Nonetheless, the site is almost certainly linked to a browser hijacker. Browser hijackers are programs that force users to use phony search engines in order to collect data and serve advertising. Only a thorough removal method can remove such unwanted apps.
Without your awareness, the Nearbyme.io browser hijacker may have gained access to your computer and browser. It may also use tracking technologies to gather information about your device and online activities. The app may then begin to show you targeted ads in the search results. Advertisements may also show on websites you visit.
The hijacker generates more cash for its owners the more advertising you visit. Sponsored pages, on the other hand, may contain online scams and download options for other malicious software. Find out how to get rid of the Nearbyme.io hijacker from your browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Explorer, or Edge) and your computer.
It’s important to note that this browser hijacker affects both Mac and Windows users.
|Type||Browser Hijacker, Redirect, PUP|
|Short Description||A website with questionable search enigne that hijacks browser homepage, new tab page and default search engine. All modifications happen without your knowledge.|
|Symptoms||The homepage, new tab page and search enigne in preferred web browser are set to display the hoax search engine Nearbyme.io or m.nearbyme.com
Browser is slowed down by an increased number of online ads.
|Distribution Method||Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages|
|Detection Tool||See If Your System Has Been Affected by malware|
Nearbyme.io Browser Hijacker – Distribution and Impact
This is another dubious Google-enhanced search engine. It has the ability to take over your browser choices and force you to use its search engine every time you open it. All unwanted changes may be made in the background of all other apps that are currently operating.
This phony search engine’s simple appearance seeks to persuade you to keep it on your browser. However, the hijacker will be able to collect information about your internet activities as a result of this. The hijacker can collect information about you by using various tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and other trackers.
- Query searches;
- Search queries on the visited web pages;
- Type of used browser;
- Type of operating system;
- Internet protocol (IP) address;
- Geographic location;
- The current Internet service provider’s (ISP) domain name;
- Diagnostic data that explains how their Services are performing on the system.
The information gathered allows the proprietors of Nearbyme.io to tailor advertising campaigns to your preferences and demographics. It’s worth noting that Nearbyme.io advertising may lead to insecure or compromised websites. As a result, please exercise caution when responding to questionable advertisements.
Nearbyme.io should be completely removed from the affected browser and system for the sake of your PC’s security.
How to Remove Nearbyme.io Virus
How can I uninstall nearbyme.io on my Mac? On Windows, how can I uninstall nearbyme.io?
To completely uninstall Nearbyme.io and any files linked with its activities, follow the instructions below in the correct order. Manual and automatic eradication methods are presented in the following instruction. We recommend combining the methods to completely remove files installed by unwanted apps and increase PC security. Manual Nearbyme.io removal might be a difficult task that necessitates expert technical abilities. Navigate to the automatic section of the guide if you don’t feel comfortable with the manual stages.
Please leave a comment if you have any additional questions or need assistance with the removal procedure.
- Guide 1: How to Remove Nearbyme.io from Windows.
- Guide 2: Get rid of Nearbyme.io on Mac OS X.
- Guide 3: Remove Nearbyme.io in Google Chrome.
- Guide 4: Erase Nearbyme.io from Mozilla Firefox.
- Guide 5: Uninstall Nearbyme.io from Microsoft Edge.
- Guide 6: Remove Nearbyme.io from Safari.
- Guide 7: Eliminate Nearbyme.io from Internet Explorer.
- Guide 8: Disable Nearbyme.io Push Notifications in Your Browsers.
How to Remove Nearbyme.io from Windows.
To isolate and eradicate the Nearbyme.io malware, start your computer in Safe Mode.
1. Keep Windows key() + R
2. A window called “Run” will appear. Type “msconfig” in the box and click OK.
3. Select “Boot” from the drop-down menu. Select “Safe Boot” from the drop-down menu, then “Apply” and “OK.”
Tip: Make sure to reverse those changes by unticking Safe Boot after that, because your system will always boot in Safe Boot from now on.
4. To enter Safe Mode, click “Restart” when requested.
5. Safe Mode is identified by the wording displayed on the screen’s corners.
Step 2: Remove the Nearbyme.io malware and any related software from your computer.
Here is a method in few easy steps that should be able to uninstall most programs. No matter if you are using Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP, those steps will get the job done. Dragging the software or its folder to the recycle bin is a very bad decision. If you do so, bits and parts of the application are left behind, which might result in your PC’s performance being unsteady, file type association issues, and other unpleasant activities. Uninstalling an application is the right approach to remove it from your computer. To do that:
1. Press and hold the Windows Logo Button as well as the “R” key on your keyboard. There will be a pop-up window.
2. Type “appwiz.cpl” into the field and hit ENTER.
3. This will bring up a window showing all of the programs that have been installed on the computer. Select the software you wish to uninstall and click “Uninstall.”
Follow the instructions above and you will successfully uninstall most programs.
Step 3: Remove all Nearbyme.io virus-related registries from your PC.
The following are the most commonly targeted registries on Windows machines:
You can get to them by going to the Windows registry editor and erasing any Nearbyme.io virus-created values. This can be accomplished by following the steps below:
1. Click OK after reopening the Run window and typing “regedit.”
2. When you open it, you can freely go to the Run and RunOnce keys, which are depicted above in their respective locations.
3. You can delete the virus’s value by right-clicking on it and delete it.
Tip: To find a virus-created value, you can right-click on it and click “Modify” to see which file it is set to run. If this is the virus file location, remove the value.
Before starting “Step 4”, please boot back into Normal mode, in case you are currently in Safe Mode.
This will enable you to install and use SpyHunter 5 successfully.
Step 4: Use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool to scan for the Nearbyme.io malware.
1. Go to the SpyHunter download page to download it.
2. Wait for SpyHunter to update automatically after you’ve installed it.
3. Once the update has been completed, go to the ‘Malware/PC Scan‘ page. There will be a new window open. Select ‘Start Scan‘ from the drop-down menu.
4. After SpyHunter has finished scanning your PC for any linked threat files and located them, click the ‘Next’ button to try to have them deleted automatically and permanently.
It is highly suggested that you restart your PC after any threats have been removed.
Get rid of Nearbyme.io from Mac OS X.
Step 1: Delete all files and objects associated with the Nearbyme.io.
1. To open Utilities, press the ⇧+⌘+U keys together. Another option is to click “Go” and then “Utilities,” as shown in the image below:
2. Double-click Activity Monitor to open it:
3. Look for any suspicious processes related to or belonging to the Nearbyme.io in the Activity Monitor:
Tip: Select the “Force Quit” option to quit a process completely.
4. Press the “Go” button once more, but this time choose Applications. Another option is to use the ⇧+⌘+A buttons.
5. Search the Applications menu for any suspicious apps or apps with names that sound close to or are the same as the Nearbyme.io. If you come across it, right-click it and select “Move to Trash.”
6: Select Accounts, then Login Items from the drop-down menu. After that, your Mac will display a list of items that will begin immediately when you log in. Look for any suspicious apps that are similar or identical to the Nearbyme.io malware. Select the Minus (“-“) symbol to conceal the app that you want to stop from running automatically.
7: Manually remove any remaining files that may be linked to this threat by following the sub-steps below:
- Navigate to Finder.
- Type the name of the software you wish to uninstall in the search bar.
- Change the two drop-down menus above the search bar to “System Files” and “Are Included” to see all of the files related to the application you want to uninstall. Keep in mind that some of the files you remove might not be related to the app, so be cautious about what you delete.
- If all of the files are related, press and hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them all and then drag them to the “Trash” folder.
In case you cannot remove Nearbyme.io via Step 1 above:
If you can’t discover the virus files and objects in your Applications or the other areas we mentioned before, you can hunt for them manually in your Mac’s Libraries. Please read the following disclaimer before proceeding:
Disclaimer! If you are about to tamper with Library files on Mac, be sure to know the name of the virus file, because if you delete the wrong file, it may cause irreversible damage to your MacOS. Continue on your own responsibility!
1: As seen below, click “Go” and then “Go to Folder.”
2: Enter “/Library/LauchAgents/” and hit OK:
3: Delete any viral files with the same or similar names as the Nearbyme.io. Do not remove anything if you feel there is no such file.
You can repeat the same procedure with the following other Library directories:
Tip: ~ is there on purpose, because it leads to more LaunchAgents.
Step 2: Scan for and remove Nearbyme.io files from your Mac
When you’re having troubles with undesirable scripts and apps on your Mac, such as Nearbyme.io, utilizing an anti-malware program is the best approach to get rid of them. SpyHunter for Mac has powerful security capabilities as well as extra modules that will strengthen and defend your Mac in the future.
Remove Nearbyme.io from Google Chrome.
Step 1: Open the drop menu in Google Chrome.
Step 2: Hover your cursor over “Tools,” then select “Extensions” from the enlarged menu.
Step 3: Locate the undesirable extension in the opening “Extensions” menu and click its “Remove” button.
Step 4: After removing the extension, restart Google Chrome by closing it and restarting it from the red “X” button in the upper right corner.
Erase Nearbyme.io from Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: To begin, open Mozilla Firefox. Activate the menu window.
Step 2: From the menu, select the “Add-ons” icon.
Step 3: Click “Remove” after selecting the undesired extension.
Step 4: After removing the extension, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it and restarting it from the red “X” icon in the top right corner.
Uninstall Nearbyme.io from Microsoft Edge.
Step 1: Begin by opening the Edge browser.
Step 2: Click the icon in the upper right corner to open the drop menu.
Step 3: Select “Extensions” from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Click the gear icon next to the suspected malicious extension you want to uninstall.
Step 5: Scroll down and select Uninstall to remove the harmful extension.
Remove Nearbyme.io from Safari.
Step 1: Open the Safari application.
Step 2: Move your mouse cursor to the top of the screen and click the Safari text to access the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Select “Preferences” from the menu.
Step 4: Finally, go to the ‘Extensions‘ tab.
Step 5:Click once the extension you want to uninstall.
Step 6: Select ‘Uninstall‘ from the drop-down menu.
The extension will be uninstalled, and a pop-up box will appear asking for approval. Select ‘Uninstall‘ one again, and Nearbyme.io will be uninstalled.
How to Reset Safari
IMPORTANT: Before resetting Safari make sure you back up all your saved passwords within the browser in case you forget them.Start Safari and then click on the gear leaver icon.Click the Reset Safari button and you will reset the browser.
Eliminate Nearbyme.io from Internet Explorer.
Step 1: Start Internet Explorer first.
Step 2: Open the drop menu by clicking on the gear icon labeled ‘Tools,’ then select ‘Manage Add-ons.‘
Step 3: Select ‘Manage Add-ons‘ from the ‘Manage Add-ons’ menu.
Step 4: Click ‘Disable‘ after selecting the extension you want to uninstall. A pop-up box will appear, warning you that you are about to disable the selected extension, as well as certain other add-ons. Make sure all of the boxes are ticked, then click ‘Disable.’
Step 5: After removing the undesirable extension, restart Internet Explorer by closing it and restarting it using the red ‘X‘ icon in the top right corner.
Remove Push Notifications caused by Nearbyme.io from Your Browsers.
Turn Off Push Notifications from Google Chrome
Please follow the steps below to turn off all Push Notifications in Google Chrome:
Step 1: Open Chrome and go to Settings.
Step 2: Select “Advanced Settings” from the Settings menu:
Step 3: Select “Content Settings” from the drop-down menu:
Step 4: Go to “Notifications” and open it:
Step 5: Select Block, Edit, or Remove from the three-dot menu:
Remove Push Notifications on Firefox
Step 1: Go to Firefox Options
Step 2: Go to “Settings,” search for “notifications,” and click “Settings“:
Step 3: On any site where you don’t want notifications, click “Remove” and then “Save Changes.”
Stop Push Notifications on Opera
Step 1: Go to Settings in Opera by pressing ALT+P.
Step 2: To get to Content Settings, put “Content” into the Setting search box.
Step 3: Open Notifications.
Step 4: Follow the steps below, just like you did with Google Chrome:
Eliminate Push Notifications on Safari
Step 1: To begin, go to Safari Preferences.
Step 2: Change “Allow” to “Deny” for the website where you don’t want push pop-ups to appear.