Android screen mirroring isn’t as popular as other Android topics like rooting or customization. It is probably because not many people are aware of it or they just don’t want to deal with the hassle. But there are now hundreds of screen mirroring apps using which you can cast Android to your PC.
What is Screen Mirroring?
Screen Mirroring is a way through which you can remotely share/mirror one device screen to another, such as mirroring Android Screen on your PC or vice-versa. In this article, we’ll be talking about screen mirroring on Android.
A phone screen on a PC can help you in many ways. For instance, it removes that extra step of grabbing the smartphone for every new notification; If you are a developer, you can check app performance on the Android phone mockup; sharing media files to PC also becomes very easy.
How to mirror Android to PC — 6 Best Apps
- AirDroid (Wireless)
- Screen Stream Mirroring by MobZapp (Wireless)
The quickest method to mirror Android screen on your PC is through Vysor. The app is ridiculously easy to set-up. You can use apps, play games, take screenshots i.e essentially, anything that you can do on an Android device.
The only drawback with Vysor is that most of its necessary features come with a price. From high-resolution Android screen mirroring to sharing Android screen wirelessly, everything starts with a subscription. In fact, a simple drag and drop is locked in the free version.
On the bright side, Vysor Android screen mirroring is fast and extremely easy to set up. Moreover, users can click and share screenshots and recordings.
How to mirror Android screen via USB [Vysor]
- Download the Vysor mirroring software for Windows/Mac/Linux/Chrome
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable
- Allow USB debugging prompt on your Android
- Open Vysor Installer File on your PC
- The software will prompt a notification saying “Vysor has detected a device”
- Now, tap on view to start casting your device on your PC screen.
Mobizen is very similar to the Vysor screen mirroring app for Android, only Mobizen’s basic features are free to use. For instance, mirroring form a web browser like Chrome, controlling device via keyboard/mouse, transferring and viewing files on PC and so much more.
Apart from that, mirroring on Mobizen shows a sophisticated Android device render on the PC. You can set up screen transparency (ghost mode) and even add push notifications on a paid subscription. You can also use your Android device remotely through the Mobizen website.
While everything with this app is close to perfect, there is a slight problem with it. In the wireless option, the app doesn’t let you control your Android device. But you can still record, draw, transfer files and do lots of stuff. Also, when it comes to overall casting speed and smoothness, Vysor overcomes Mobizen entirely.
How to mirror Android screen via USB [Mobizen]
- Download and install Mobizen mirroring app on your PC and Android Device.
- Turn on USB Debugging on developer options
- Open the Android app and sign in.
- Launch the mirroring software on windows and choose between USB / Wireless and log in
- Tap on “Start now” in the pop-up to initialize the remote connection
To mirror the Android screen on a web browser. Just log in through this Mobizen website and follow the same steps above.