In this post, you will find steps to make x360ce work with FIFA 22. This tutorial also works with any game – just do the same easy steps, no special skills needed to make any controller work as an Xbox 360 gamepad. Emulator allows your controller (gamepad, wheel, joystick, etc.) to operate as the most common device, recognized by most of the games without any additional settings and workarounds.
1. First off all, download x360ce zip file from this source. You have to choose 32 or 64 bit version. If you don’t know the version of your game or download wrong one accidentally, you will be notified later and have a chance to use another version.
2. Then you have to find the installation folder of your game. You can easily do this by finding the game in your Steam library list or looking into game shortcut settings. If you select the Steam variant, right click the game name and click “Properties”.
3. Go to “Local files” tab and click “Browse local files…” button.
4. After that, locate the folder with FIFA 22 executable. And then extract downloaded x360ce ZIP file to folder with your game executable file.
5. Find the x360ce exe file, right-click it and select “Run as administrator” from dropdown menu.
6. You will see window with warning – “xinput 1_3.dll was not found. This file is required for emulator to function properly.” Don’t panic, just press “Create” button to make them appear.
7. When x360ce will inform you that new device was detected, use automatic search for settings from internet – just hit “Next” button.
8. When installation completed, click “Finish”.
9. Click the “Auto” button to make all settings set to defaults. Confirm changes by clicking “Yes” in popup window. All the buttons will be filled automatically.
10. Now just click “Save” button to make all your settings saved. You can also change buttons assignment before hitting “Save”, if you like.
Tips: Rename xinput1_3.dll to xinput1_4.dll. This is the emulator disguised as the XInput library that the game will automatically load. Some games load xinput1_3.dll, but this one loads xinput1_4.dll, so we need to rename it.
Now you can normally launch FIFA 22 and use your controller with x360ce emulator – it will be starting automatically with each game launch.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to configure x360ce in FIFA 22:
That’s about it.