In this tutorial, learn how to use iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer to reset Windows password.
Step 1. Download and install Windows Password Refixer.
Visit www.isumsoft.com to download Windows Password Refixer.
Install iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer on any computer with administrator rights and internet access
Once the installation is done, launch this program.
Step 2. Create a password reset disk.
iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer allows you to create a password reset disk with a CD/DVD or USB flash drive. You can select the media type according to your desire or situation.
1. Select USB device (or CD/DVD).
2. Connect a USB (or CD) flash drive to the computer, choose the USB (or CD) drive name from the drop-down. Then then click Begin burning. When a dialog appears to alert you to the fact that the USB drive will be formatted, click Yes.
3. Wait for a few minutess and you should see Burning Successfully prompt appear, which means you’ve successfully created a password reset disk.
Step 3. Boot locked computer from the disk.
Connect the password reset disk (USB or CD/DVD flash drive) you just created to the password-forgotten computer, then restart/start the computer and hold down the function key (usually F12 key) to access the Boot Menu. Select the USB or CD device, so you can make the computer boot from the USB or CD flash drive. When the boot process is done, you should see iSumsoft Windows Password Refixer appear on your screen.
Step 4. Reset Windows Password.
1. From the screen, choose your Windows OS, and then choose the user account which you need to reset password for, and then click the Reset Password button.
If your selected user is a local account, once you click the Reset Password button, it will reset your password to blank.
If your selected user is a Microsoft account used to log in to Windows 8 or Windows 10, once you click the Reset Password button, it will reset your password to iSumsoft@2014.
Also, you can add a new administrator account for logging in your Windows by clicking the Add User button.
3. When the password is reset successfully, click the Reboot button. When a dialog pops up telling that you can eject the disk, click Yes and quickly remove the password reset disk from the computer, so the computer will restart.
Now Windows 10 can start normally and then login without password.
Now Windows will restart normally from the computer’s internal hard disk drive and you can then log in to your Windows with the new password (or without password).
That’s about it. If you forgot Windows 7/8/10 password and cannot sign In to your computer, don’t panic.