In this tutorial, learn how to use the HTTrack Website Copier.
Let me explain first what is HTTrack Website Copier?
HTTrack is a free (GPL, libre/free software) and easy-to-use offline browser utility.
It allows you to download a World Wide Web site from the Internet to a local directory, getting HTML, building recursively all directories, photos, and other files from the server to your computer. If you want to make a quick backup of your business’s website with its structure intact, it is a useful tool. Once you download a website with HTTrack, you can browse through its pages as if it were live on the Web.
How to Use HTTrack Website Copier in Windows 11/10/8/7
Install the program on your computer.
2. Launch HTTrack Website Copier. Click the “Next” button to start a new project.
3. In the Project Name field, put a name for your project, and type a category for your project in the Project Category field.
4. Click the “…” button next to the Base Path field in the Windows version. A “Browse for Folder” dialog pops up. Locate and choose the folder on your computer where you want to save the copy of the webpage, Then click “OK” > click “Next.”
5. Click the “Action” drop-down menu and choose the default option “Download web site(s).” This drop-down menu also contains a few other options for downloading a webpage, and you can pick options to continue an interrupted download or update an existing download.
6. Press the “Add URL” button and enter the URL of the page you want to copy in the URL field. If the site is password-protected, enter the appropriate information in the login and password fields. Click “OK.”
7. Press the “Set Options” button to open a dialog box for setting advanced options such as proxy, MIME types and flow control.
If you want to exclude certain types of files and links, click the “Scan Rules” tab, and then click the “Exclude link(s)” button.
To add certain types of files and links, click the “Include links(s)”
8. Click “Next” and then click “Finish” in Windows. The next screen shows the progress of the website copying activity. It includes the transfer rate, a tally of the number of files copied, a time counter, a list of the files copied, and the number of links scanned, errors in the Actions area.
9. And finally, check the result locally.
To view a copy of the website in your default Web browser, click “Browse Mirrored Website”.
Click “Finish” to start another mirroring project, or click “Exit” to close the program.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to download whole website using HTTrack Website Copier:
That’s about it.