In this article, learn how to completely uninstall OneDrive from Windows 10.
If you don’t want OneDrive running in the background or don’t use it, there are several methods you can jump through to get rid of it or disable it everywhere in Windows 10.
- How to fix “OneDrive cannot connect to Windows” error when accessing files in OneDrive
- How to Fix There Was a Problem Connecting to OneDrive in Windows 10
We’ve shown you how to remove OneDrive icon from File Explorer with a registry hack, but that doesn’t uninstall OneDrive and it will still display elsewhere. Although Microsoft doesn’t offer an easy method to uninstall OneDrive, you can manually uninstall it or disable it everywhere in Windows 10
How to Completely Uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10
1. Open a Command Prompt with administrator privilege. You can search for “cmd“, right-click on the result, and click “Run as administrator“.
2. When the Command Prompt window appears, type in taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe to terminate any OneDrive processes and press Enter.
3. After that, type in either then press Enter.
For 32-bit Windows 10 (x86):
For 64-bit Windows 10 (x64):
Congratulations! OneDrive desktop app is uninstalled cleanly and completely. Now you can try searching for OneDrive, the app will no longer be found. However, your OneDrive files and folder will still be available. In case, if you do want to delete the OneDrive related folders and their contents, run the commands below to clean up those remnants:
Before proceeding with the following commands, make sure that the following folders no longer contain any user data.
rd “%UserProfile%\OneDrive” /Q /S
rd “%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive” /Q /S
rd “%ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive” /Q /S
rd “C:\OneDriveTemp” /Q /S
VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to Remove Onedrive Completely
If you don’t have computer skills, we recommend you use an uninstaller software such as Your Uninstaller. Your Uninstaller is a special application that can remove any application, including all its files and registry entries.
Hope something helps you.