FileZilla Server is a free open source FTP and FTPS Server.
FileZilla Server is a server that supports FTP and FTP over TLS which provides secure encrypted connections to the server.
FileZilla supports TLS, the same level of encryption supported by your web browser, to protect your data. When using TLS your data is encrypted so that prying eyes cannot see it, and your confidential information is protected. It also supports on-the-fly data compression, which can improve the transfer rates.
How to install and configure FileZilla server on Windows 10
1. First, download FileZilla server for Windows 10 from this source.
2. Once the file is downloaded, go to the folder that contains the “FileZilla_Server_release_version.exe” file and double-click on the file to run the install process and Continue with default Standard install type.
3. When choosing how FileZilla server should start, choose “Install as service, started with Windows“, if you want to start the FTP server automatically at Windows startup. Leave the Administrative port default.
4. Choose “Start manually” option for the Server GUI(Interface).
5. When launched for the first time, it will ask you to configure the FTP server. Leave the Host (127.0.0.1) and admin port (14147) as default. Enter a new password for administration, click ok/connect.
6. After that, you need to configure the passive mode settings. Navigate to Edit > Settings > Passive mode settings, set the custom port range from 10100 to 10200.
7. Moving on, open the Windows Firewall and create a new Inbound rule to allow FTP port 21 and passive port range (10100-10200).
Now the FileZilla FTP Server has been installed on Windows 10
Create a user account and with permissions to a home directory
We need to create an FTP user that can log in to the server. Follow these steps:
1. Click on the user icon. And then click on the Add button and type the name of the user account to be created and click OK.
2. After you have created the user, check on the Password option and Specify a password for the user.
3. Also, you must specify a home directory for this user. Navigate to the Shared folders section, click on the add button and browse the folder(s) you want access over the FTP.
That is all you need to setup FTP Server on Windows 10.
Note that, during the installation, if FileZilla FTP service configured to start manually, you need to start the server from the interface.
Launch the FileZilla server interface. Then, click Server > Active, to start the FTP server.
Or you can also use Windows CMD to start/stop FileZilla FTP service:
sc start “FileZilla Server”
sc stop “FileZilla Server”
In this video, we are gonna show you how to install and configure FileZilla server on Windows 10 computer:
Hope something helps you.