In this article, learn how to reinstall mouse drivers in Windows 10.
If your mouse is not working properly then one of the common factors that can cause this is a corrupted mouse driver. To fix this you will have to reinstall your mouse driver on your computer.
Two steps to reinstall your mouse driver:
1. Uninstall your mouse driver in Device Manager
2. Install a new mouse driver
How To Reinstall Mouse Drivers In Windows 10
Step 1. Uninstall mouse driver.
1. Right click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
2. When the Device Manager opens, click the forward arrow before Mouse and other pointing devices.
3. Right click on the mouse you are using then select Uninstall device.
4. In the pop-up window, click Uninstall to delete the driver software for this device. This will uninstall its driver.
5. Close Device Manager by pressing ALT + F4.
Step 2. Install a new mouse driver
After you have uninstalled the driver the next step is to install it again. Installing a new mouse driver is easy as all you need to do is to restart the computer.
1. Press Ctrl + Esc to opens the Start menu.
2. Select the Power option.
3. Select Restart and press Enter.
Once the computer starts Windows 10 will try to reinstall the driver. Try to check if the same issue happens.
In case you are still getting the same issue then you should consider updating your mouse driver automatically with Driver Easy.
Here, we would recommend Driver Easy as your great choose to update your drivers. It’s a useful tool that automatically recognizes your system and finds the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
Here’s how you can automatically update your Mouse drivers with Driver Easy:
1. Download and install Driver Easy on your computer.
2. Launch Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3. Press Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
4. After updating your drivers, restart your computer.
Hopefully, you can successfully reinstall your mouse driver.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to reinstall mouse drivers in Windows 10.
That’s about it.