WebM is an open, royalty-free, media file format designed for the web. It is primarily intended to offer a royalty-free alternative to use in the HTML5 video and the HTML5 audio elements. It has a sister project WebP for images.
What’s more, you can play Webm video files in most of the browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and more, directly, without using any software. Here are the steps:
How To Play Webm file Without Any Software
1. To begin, navigate to the Webm video file. right-click on the video file and click on Properties.
2. When the Webm File Properties window opens, navigate to the Type of file section, and check the video file format. It should be WEBM file (.webm). Exit the Properties window.
3. Launch your Chrome browser.
4. Press Ctrl + O to open the file location. Choose the Webm video file you want to run and click on Open.
4. Now Chrome plays the Webm file.
Repeat the same process with Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to open Webm files without any third-party software:
Hope something helps you.