I can’t get enough of Fortnite. If you can’t resist giving the game a try because your pals are, here are some pointers to help you get the hang of it quickly!
Tips for you
- What is Fortnite?
- What is Fortnite Battle Royale?
- How to play Fortnite Battle Royale on PC?
- Pro tips: How to get good at Fortnite Battle Royale?
What is Fortnite?
Epic Games’ Fortnite is a multiplayer online video game with two game types. Fortnite: Save the World is the first. It’s a player-versus-environment (PvE) campaign that costs money. Up to four players can work together to safeguard survivors and fight the storm and zombie-like creatures. Players can earn rewards by completing missions to help them get closer to their goal.
Fortnite Battle Royale is the second game. It’s a player-versus-player (PvP) game that’s available for free. Up to 100 players compete alone, in duos, or in squads to be the last man or group standing by eliminating or evading other players. They fight within an ever-shrinking protective zone. A Victory Royale is granted to the last person or group standing.
While both games are popular, Fortnite Battle Royale, a free game, is the one that everyone is infatuated with. In the parts that follow, you’ll discover more about it.
What is Fortnite Battle Royale?
Up to 100 players can compete in Fortnite Battle Royale, which can be played single, in a duet, or in a team of up to four individuals. You begin with only a few gameplay objects, then search for weapons and armor, eliminate or avoid other players, and compete to win while remaining within a rapidly shrinking safe zone due to an approaching storm.
Three standard game modes
If you play Fortnite Battle Royale with pals, the game will pair you up with someone, but if you play alone, the game will pair you up with someone.
Solo pits you against 99 other players in a one-on-one battle.
Duo pairs you up with a colleague and pits you against 49 other teams.
Squad assigns you to a four-person team, pitting you and three colleagues against 24 other players.
How to play Fortnite Battle Royale on PC or Laptop
1. To download and install Fortnite, go to this link.
2. Launch Fortnite on your PC or laptop.
3. Sign in (if you haven’t already), and make sure you’ve created an account.
4. Select BATTLE ROYALE from the drop-down menu.
5. You might find Battle Royale intimidating at first, so acquaint yourself with the game’s options – click the three lines in the top right corner, then select the cog icon to access the settings menu.
6. To see the action keys, click the Input icon. You can also customize the keys to suit your needs. Then keep the keys in mind.
7. Return to the main screen and select the game mode using the lower left button.
8. After selecting a mode, click ACCEPT.
Note: If you choose Duos or Squads but play alone, make sure you also choose FILL, and Fortnite will pair you up with other players online; alternatively, if you choose DON’T FILL, you may be pitted against a four-player team.
9. To begin, press the PLAY button.
10. You’ll find yourself on Spawn Island, a holding place. You can practice using your pickaxe, picking up weapons, ammunition, and building materials during this 60-second session, but you can’t bring anything into the game with you.
11. When the game reaches 99 players, you’ll immediately be placed on the Battle Bus. It is a flying vehicle that carries you across the game’s map. It will notify you when you are able to enter the game.
Note: To head for houses while skydiving, move your mouse and use movement controls (default: W, A, S, D keys). Usually, there are treasure chests buried inside.
12. Once you’re on the ground, look for chests containing guns, ammunition, and medical supplies like as first aid kits, bandages, and shield potions.
Meanwhile, attack any constructions you come across with your pickaxe (your only weapon at the start) (trees, houses, rocks, etc.) It’s a necessary method of gathering constructing materials. You can take as much as you want because building supplies don’t take up much room in your backpack.
Note: Remember to aim for the blue circle to increase the damage speed.
If you come across an opponent, you have the option of hiding or swiftly pressing the key (located in the lower left corner) to use your weapon and shoot the player.
Tip: Some weapons are unquestionably superior to others. Revert to the color list below if you’re having trouble deciding whether or not to swap one weapon for another. It goes from the weakest to the most powerful, with gold being the most powerful.
You may need to swiftly construct protective buildings such as walls, ceilings, stairs, ramps, and doors once you have enough building materials. To enter building mode, press Q. You can see a projected representation of your structure by accessing your blueprint through one of your building slots (F1 – F4). By using the left mouse button, you can secure it in position.
F1 is typically used to construct four-sided defenses in the form of upright walls.
F2 is a material that may be used to create flat walls that can be used as ceilings or floors.
F3 is a material that is used to construct stairwells. They’re required for ascending.
F4 is a material used to make triangular cones. They are suitable for use as shelters.
Then press G to make changes to your building structures.
14. After a few minutes of play, an indicator will appear to indicate that the storm is shrinking. You can go to your map and look for a secure area, which is everything inside the circle, by pressing M. You can ride out the storm, but it will take a toll on your health and finally force you out of the game.
Note: As the purple restricted region expands and the withe circle (the safe zone) shrinks, remaining players are forced into smaller and smaller spaces until only one player remains. You’ll get a Victory Royale if that play is you!
If you’re just getting started, the most important things to learn are how to do two things: shoot and build.
15. If you are eliminated, you have the option of continuing to watch the game from the perspective of the player who eliminated you, or simply quitting and starting over. By doing the former, you may be able to understand more about what makes a good player.
Pro tips: How to get good at Fortnite Battle Royale?
Pro tip 1: Play Fortnite Battle Royale a lot
It is said that practice makes perfect. If you play the game frequently, you will improve over time. It’s the same as anything else in the world.
Pro tip 2: Play with headphones on
With headphones on, you can hear footsteps (or, more likely, gunshots) and determine which direction your opponents are approaching from. In Fortnite, it might mean the difference between life and death. Knowing which way players are approaching provides you vital seconds to prepare, whether it’s switching to a shotgun or erecting a fast fortification.
Pro tip 3: Update your drivers
When using supported devices, make sure the drivers for your mouse, keyboard, headset, and other devices are up to date.
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to manually update your drivers, Driver Easy can do it for you.
Driver Easy will automatically detect your system and locate the appropriate drivers. You don’t need to know what operating system your machine is running, you don’t need to be concerned about downloading the wrong driver, and you don’t need to be concerned about making a mistake during installation. It’s all taken care of by Driver Easy.
1. Download and install Driver Easy on your computer.
2. Run Driver Easy and select Scan Now from the menu. After that, Driver Easy will check your computer for any problematic drivers.
3. To automatically download the correct version of your device’s driver, click the Update button next to it, then manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Alternatively, you can select Update All to have all the missing or out-of-date drivers on your system immediately downloaded and installed. (The Pro version is required for this, which includes full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.) When you click Update All, you’ll be asked to upgrade.)
Now is the time to learn how to land, build, and use your weapon, but becoming a true Fortnite ninja will take some time.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to download and install Fortnite on PC & Laptop
Please leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions.