In this article, learn how to make Ubuntu full screen on VirtualBox in Windows 10.
By default, when you install Ubuntu Linux on a VirtualBox VM for the first time, it will not be in full-screen resolution. You can’t, however, watch it in full-screen mode. Don’t be concerned! However, you can boost the screen resolution of the guest OS user interface and run it in full-screen mode. In this post, i will show you how to use Ubuntu Linux in full screen mode on VirtualBox in Windows 10.
However, the guest operating system (OS) interface will be shown in windowed mode by default once it has been installed on VirtualBox. In comparison, the window is often not large, and the resolution of the guest OS user interface remains the same whether the window is maximized or resized. In the vast majority of cases, working with a low-resolution guest OS is inconvenient.
Linux, like Windows and Mac OS, is an operating system. Linux is an open-source operating system that is similar to Unix. Some of the most popular Linux distributions include Debian, Fedora, Linux Mint, and Ubuntu. Ubuntu has a number of advantages, including being affordable, open-source, completely customisable, safer, and command-line-oriented (I believe this is the most appealing feature).
Ubuntu is a free and open-source Linux system based on Debian. Wikipedia states, “With long-term support (LTS) published every two days every six months.” “As of April 23, 2020, the current edition and the most recent longer-term support release is 20,04, which is publicly subsidized until 2025 and available as a paid-up option until 2030.
You must to download the Ubuntu Linux ISO file from the Microsoft website in addition to VirtualBox. You can save it to your internal hard disk right away. So, without further ado, here’s how to run Ubuntu Linux on VirtualBox (Windows 10) in full-screen mode:
How to Make Ubuntu Full Screen in VirtualBox via Command in Terminal App
1. Launch VirtualBox and tap on the Start button to power on Ubuntu.
2. Click the app tray icon when you’re on Ubuntu’s main screen.
3. Search for Terminal and open it in the bar right now.
4. Enter the below command and tap Enter in the Terminal windows.
sudo apt install build-essential dkms linux-headers-$(uname -r)
5. Type your Ubuntu’s password and tap the Enter button. To continue, tap Y.
6. Now wait a few moments and then close the Terminal windows.
7. Tap on the Devices tab on your VirtualBox and choose Insert Guest Additions CD Image…
8. Choose Run on the following screen.
9. Type your Ubuntu’s password and click Authenticate. Wait a few moments for the VirtualBox Guest Additions Installations to complete.
10. When it’s finished tap the Return or Enter key to close the Terminal window.
11. Just turn off or Restart the Ubuntu Linux on VirtualBox.
12. Finally, you’ve made Ubuntu full-screen in Windows 10 using VirtualBox.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to use command to make Ubuntu full screen in VirtualBox:
That’s all there is to it. This was a simple tutorial on how to make Ubuntu full screen in Windows 10. To install VirtualBox Guest Additions, simply enter a simple command in the Terminal window. Now you can use VirtualBox with Windows 10 to run Ubuntu Linux in full resolution mode.