WinCDEmu is an open-source utility for mounting disk image files in Microsoft Windows. It installs a Windows device driver which allows a user to access an image of a CD or DVD as if it were a physical drive. WinCDEmu supports ISO, CUE/BIN, CCD/IMG, NRG, MDS/MDF and RAW formats.
Main Features of WinCDEmu in Windows 10/8/7:
– One-click mounting of ISO, CUE, NRG, MDS/MDF, CCD, IMG images.
– Supports unlimited amount of virtual drives.
– Runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions from XP to Windows 10.
– Allows creating ISO images through a context menu in Explorer.
– Small installer size – less than 2MB!
– Does not require rebooting after installation.
– A special portable version is available.
– Translated to more than 20 languages.
– Does not occupy drive letters when not used.
– Supports data, DVD-video and BD-video images.
– WinCDEmu is free for any kind of use – it is licensed under LGPL
How To Download & Install WinCDEmu in Windows 10/8/7
To install WinCDEmu, follow these steps below:
Make sure that you have Administrator rights on your computer.
1. First, download the latest WinCDEmu from this link.
2. Once the file is downloaded, go to the folder that contains the “WinCDEmu-release.exe” file and double-click on the file to run the install process.
3. Once installer starts, click the “Install” button:
4. Windows will ask whether you want to install the driver signed by Sysprogs. Choose “Install“:
5. After the installation of WinCDEmu is complete, restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, you can mount ISO,MDS/MDF, CUE, NRG, CCD or IMG files by right-clicking and selecting “Select driver letter & mount” or double-clicking them in Explorer:
You can also build ISO images from folders by right-clicking on them:
Checkout this video to illustrate this guide:
Please let me know if you have any problems or questions.