How To Install SQL Server 2019
MS SQL Server- Editions
In SQL Server 2019, there are four different editions to choose from.
- Enterprise – It has more features than any other edition
- It is the top-end edition
- Production use
- License cost
- Standard – Production use
- License cost
- It has fewer features than Enterprise
- Express – Free software/free to download and install
- It has 10 GB size limit, only used for small applications.
- Developer – Free software/free to download and install
- Developer is the same as Enterprise
- But for non-production use.
- It is used to learn, build and test.
Because it is free software/free to download and install, I am using SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition.
Install SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition
8. Then press the Install button. SQL Server is automatically downloaded and installed by the installer.
9. A progress indicator will appear after the packages have been loaded. Wait a few minutes for the installer to finish downloading and installing packages.
Database Engine’s installation is now complete.
Congratulations!!! SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition has been installed successfully.
Install a program named SQL Server Management Studio now.
Install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
1. To download and install SQL Server Management Studio, click the Install SSMS option.
2. The link then goes to the Microsoft Download page, where you can download it.
3. To download the SSMS 2019 executable file to the downloaded directory, click the “Download” button.
4. Locate the .exe file in your system’s download path. SSMS-Setup-ENU.exe
5. To begin installing, double-click the .exe file SSMS-Setup-ENU.exe. SMSS installation is simple, and all you have to do is follow the on-screen instructions.
6. “Do you want to allow the following to make a change on this computer?” the system will ask after double-clicking. To continue installing SQL Server Management Studio 2019, select yes. Or On any security prompt, select “Yes.”
7. After granting permission to install, a window will appear. Then press the Install button.
8. A progress indicator will appear after the packages have been loaded. The first is Package Progress, followed by Overall Progress. Allow a few minutes for the installer to finish installing the program.
9. The installation is now complete. After the installation is complete, restart your computer to complete the configuration.
10. Go to all applications on your computer and look for two folders: Microsoft SQL Server 2019 and Microsoft SQL Server Tool 2018. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18 can be found under Microsoft SQL Server Tools 18.
11. When you double-click SQL Server Management Studio 18, it will open in the manner shown below. It will take a few minutes for the first door to open.
We can see how SQL Server Management Studio 2018 looks after opening it in the screenshot below.
We walked you through the steps of installing SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition in this post.