In this article, learn how to download and install Paint.net in Windows 10.
Let me explain first what is Paint.NET?
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for PCs that run Windows.
It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple image and photo editor tool. It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Corel® Paint Shop Pro®, Microsoft Photo Editor, Adobe® Photoshop®, and The GIMP.
See more: 10 Best Photo Editor For PC
How to Download and Install Paint.net in Windows 10
1. Visit this site to download Paint.NET. Click the Free Download Now link to the right.
2. Once the file is downloaded, go to the folder that contains the “paint.net.release_version.install.exe” file and double-click on the file to run the install process.
3.When the install window pops up, read the terms and conditions for Paint.NET. Click Install.
4. After the installation of Paint.NET is complete, click Finish to close this installation wizard.
Now the Paint.NET will be ready to use.
Checkout this video to illustrate this method:
– Windows 10 (version 1607 “Anniversary Update” or newer) or Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 SP1 with Platform Update
– 1GHz processor (dual-core recommended)
– 1GB of RAM
– Paint.NET depends on Microsoft’s .NET Framework 4.7.2, which is automatically installed if it isn’t already on the system.
Hope something helps you.