In this tutorial, learn how to install and setup Ngrok tool in Kali Linux.
Let me explain first What is ngrok?
ngrok is a cross-platform application that enables developers to expose a local development server to the Internet with minimal effort. The software makes your locally-hosted web server appear to be hosted on a subdomain of ngrok.com, meaning that no public IP or domain name on the local machine is needed. Similar functionality can be achieved with Reverse SSH Tunneling, but this requires more setup as well as hosting of your own remote server.
How To To install and setup Ngrok in Kali Linux
1. First, open your browser and go to the link to Ngrok’s official site.
2. Sign up your account on ngrok portal to get Auth Token.
3. After login into your account, click on the “Download for Linux” button. File will get downloaded in Downloads folder by default.
4. Navigate to Downloads folder and unzip the folder. We’ve unzipped it on our Desktop. To extract, double click on zip folder, then click on Extract option located at top-left corner.
5. After that open terminal and go to the folder where you have extracted Ngrok file. (In our example, its on Desktop).
6. Now run the command given below.
./ngrok authtoken YOUR AUTHTOKEN
7. All done!. Now you can use the Ngrok tool.
8. To launch the Ngrok tool, run the command given below. (Make sure you are inside the folder where you have extracted)
./ngrok http 80
9. The Ngrok tool will get started and you can access it by your browser. Simply, open your browser and you can find it running on your localhost, accessible on port 4040 by default.
Access Link: http://127.0.0.1:4040 (Make sure its the same at your end when you start Ngrok)
To read the help manual or look at the options available, simply run the command given below.
In this video, we are gonna show how to install and setup Ngrok tool in Kali Linux:
Hope something helps you.