In this tutorial, learn how to fix Windows Script Host on Windows 10.
The Windows Script Host Error can seem like a malware or virus infection to the beginner, but it is nothing more than an error with the VBScript file. It may appear on your Windows 10/8/7 computer, and it doesn’t depend on any specific software that may trigger it.
If you are indeed getting this problem, there are a few things that you can try to solve this issue. Just follow these easy steps.
How to Fix Windows Script Host Errors on Windows 10 Startup
Method 1. Run the System File Checker
This is a method for a number of issues, and it’s also been reported to work with this one as well.
1. Press the Windows key, then type “cmd” into the Search box. When Command Prompt occurs in the results, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
2. In the Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Wait for the command to finish.
3. Reboot your computer.
Afterward, your system should be working alright now.
Method 2. Change the value of the .vbs key
1. Click Start, type “run” and select Run. In the Run box, type “regedit” and click OK.
2. In left pane of Registry Editor window, expand the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT folder, and select the .vbs folder inside.
3. In the right side, double-click the (Default) key, and set its value to VBSfile.
4. Close the registry editor and restart your computer.
Now everything should be working again.
Method 3. Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner
Note: Disable all the antivirus software and security essentials.
The Microsoft Safety Scanner tool can be used to scan for viruses in a Windows PC.
1. First, click here to download the Microsoft Safety Scanner.
2. Install Microsoft Safety Scanner on your PC.
4. Launch and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner to check your PC for virus.
5. Wait for the scan and do what it suggests you do.
When you’re done, and you shouldn’t be having this problem.
Checkout this video to illustrate this method:
Hope something helps you.