Roblox is an amazing online platform where you can play a variety of mini-games created by other developers while also creating your own virtual environments. Many gamers, however, claim that Roblox constantly crashing on PC, rendering it unplayable. If you’re having problems with the same issue, don’t be discouraged; it’s a simple fix.
How To Fix Roblox Crash Problem
We’ve compiled a list of remedies that have helped other Roblox users avoid crashing. You don’t have to try them all; simply work your way down until you find one that works.
- Update your graphics driver
- Close unnecessary background programs
- Temporarily disable your antivirus
- Change the graphics quality
- Reinstall Roblox
Although the screenshots below are from Windows 10, the improvements are also applicable to Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Fix 1 – Update your graphics driver
It’s possible that the Roblox crash is caused by an out-of-date or faulty graphics driver. You should always install the newest graphics driver to ensure a pleasant Roblox experience since the driver update can not only address bugs in your games but also improve visual performance.
You can get the correct driver for your graphics card in one of two ways: manually or automatically.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
Graphics card manufacturers continue to release new drivers, but you’ll have to spend some time looking for the proper one and manually installing it.
1) Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the correct graphics driver for your operating system:
2) To install the driver, double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Option 2 – Automatically update the graphics driver
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to manually upgrade your graphics driver, Driver Easy can do it for you.
Driver Easy will automatically detect your system and locate the appropriate drivers. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer uses, you don’t have to worry about downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry about making a mistake during installation.
With either the FREE or PRO version of Driver Easy, you can update your drivers automatically. However, with the Pro version, it only takes two clicks:
1) Download Driver Easy and install it.
2) Launch Driver Easy and select Scan Now. After that, Driver Easy will check your computer for any problematic drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics driver to have the latest version of that driver automatically downloaded and installed (you can do this with the FREE version).
Alternatively, you can select Update All to have all the missing or out-of-date drivers on your system immediately downloaded and installed. (The Pro version is required for this, which includes full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.) When you click Update All, you’ll be asked to upgrade.)
Note: The Pro version of Driver Easy comes with comprehensive technical support.
Please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further assistance.
The driver upgrade should fix the crashing problem while also vastly improving your game performance. However, if this approach does not work, proceed to Fix 2.
Fix 2 – Close unnecessary background programs
When there are too many background processes and not enough system resources, Roblox may not work properly. So, before you start gaming, close any unwanted background programs.
1) Select Task Manager from the context menu by right-clicking any empty space on the taskbar.
2) Right-click each resource-hogging application, then select End task to close it one at a time.
Note: Don’t close any apps you’re not familiar with because they can be essential to your computer’s operation.
Check if the crashing issue has been fixed by relaunching Roblox. If not, there are three further options listed below.
Fix 3 – Temporarily disable your antivirus
Anti-virus software strives to safeguard your PC from any potential risks, but it might be overly defensive at times, causing Roblox to be blocked. You can temporarily disable your antivirus to see whether it’s the source of the problem.
When your antivirus is turned off, be extra cautious about what websites you visit, what emails you open, and what files you download.
If Roblox continues to crash after you disable your antivirus, you’ll need to whitelist the Roblox-related files in order to play it properly. Depending on the antivirus product, this step may differ. If you’re not sure how to accomplish this, look up instructions in your antivirus software’s documentation.
If Roblox continues to crash even when no antivirus is installed, this suggests the anti-virus software isn’t to responsible, and you can go to the following step.
Fix 4 – Change the graphics quality
A low-powered computer may struggle to cope with the higher graphics settings. Roblox is prone to crash if the graphics quality is set too high. In this situation, you need make the following adjustments to the settings:
1) Go to Roblox and start playing. Then, in the upper-left corner, click the menu icon.
2) Click the Settings button. Set the Graphics Mode to Manual after that.
3) Toggle the Graphics Quality slider to the left.
There should be a huge improvement in the game’s speed and no crashes when you lower the graphical quality. However, if the problem remains, try the next solution listed below.
Fix 5 – Reinstall Roblox
The techniques above may help you fix the Roblox constantly crashing problem, but if they don’t, you can always reinstall Roblox. Please carefully follow the instructions below to completely delete Roblox from your computer and reinstall it.
1) To open the Run box, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard. After that, type appwiz.cpl and hit OK.
2) Select Roblox from the list of apps and select Uninstall.
3) To access the File Explorer, hit the Windows logo key and E at the same time on your keyboard.
4) Go to the C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Local folder. Then, on your keyboard, click the Roblox folder and press the Delete key.
5) Download and reinstall Roblox from the Microsoft Store.
Check out any Roblox games to see whether they’re running a lot better now.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to fix An unexpected error occurred and roblox needs to quit. We’re sorry error in Roblox:
We’d appreciate it if you used one of the solutions given to address the Roblox keeps crashing issue. Please leave a remark below if you have any more questions or recommendations.