In this tutorial, learn how to fix the Right click on Desktop not working issue in Windows 10.
A right-click on desktop allows you to easy access to display settings, desktop icon configuration, personalization settings. However, many Windows 10 users have reported that they are unable to perform a right-click on the desktop and nothing happens when right-clicked on the desktop.
You may also like: How To Fix Slow Desktop Right Click Menu In Windows 10
So if you cannot right click on desktop (or the context menu does not appear) on Windows 10,, this post is useful for you.
How to Fix Right Click Menu on Desktop Not Working in Windows 10
Method 1. Turn off the Table Mode.
1. Click the Start Menu and select Settings.
2. Go to System > Tablet mode.
3. In When I sign in drop-down box, choose “Use desktop mode“.
4. Under “When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off“, choose “Don’s ask me and don’t switch“.
You should now be able to right-click on the desktop.
Method 2. Remove Registry Entries
1. Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time, and then type in “regedit“. Click OK to open the Registry Editor.
2. In the Registry Editor, go to the following key:
3. Delete every file except FileSysncEX, New, Sharing and WorkFolders.
4. Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Hope something helps you.