In this tutorial, learn how to fix r5apex.exe error in Apex Legends.
r5apex.exe – Application error is very common for the Apex Legends players. Many Apex Legends players get an error message while starting the game that says “r5apex.exe – Application Error, The instruction at 0x6a1f9414 referenced memory at 0x4128a3a0. The memory could not be read.”
When players see this error in the launcher loading screen, the game will automatically exit.
This issue only happens for players who are still using the older version of Windows OS such as Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 7.
Here are some possible ways to solve this issue.
For Windows 7:
To fix this error, you can try fixing the registry edit of your system.
1. Navigate to Regedit by searching in Run.
2. Go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
3. Right-click the “Image File Execution Options” folder, then hover to new and select key. Assign the name “r5apex.exe”.
4. Right-click the r5apex.exe folder, hover to new and select Key, then assign the name “PerfOptions”
5. Highlight PerfOptions on the left, in the white space in the right, right-click and hover to new and select “DWORD (32-bit) Value”, then assign “CpuPriorityClass” on the name.
6. Double click the newly created CpuPriorityClass Dword then in the new window ensure that the base is set to Hexadecimal and set the value to 3.
For Windows 8/8.1:
In order to fix the game crash, you can try installing these service pack update.
Servicing Stack Update (July 12, 2016): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3173424/servicing-stack-update-for-windows-8-1-and-windows-server-2012-r2-july
Installing both of these files will avoid the game crashes in your game.
If the issue still persists, you can try installing this KB3173424 update for Windows 8/8.1.
KB3173424 Update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53217
Hope something helps you.