Many players reported facing an annoying issue with Origin. Upon launching the app, they get to a blank page, Origin not being able to load properly. This issue could be caused by internet connection issues, corrupted Origin files, or app privilege.
Fix it by starting Origin as admin, clearing your cache, or reinstalling the program. In this post, we have a few methods worth trying, meant to fix this peculiar issue.
How To Fix Origin Client Not Loading in Windows 10
Method 1. Run Origin as administrator
1. Right-click on the Origin desktop shortcut and select Properties.
2. Go to the Compatibility tab.
3. Select the “Run this program as an administrator“.
4. Click Apply > OK to save changes.
Method 2. Check your internet connection
In order to use Origin, your PC will need connect to the internet through a wired connection, and if you’re getting the Origin client loading issue, you need to check your Internet connection and make sure that it’s working properly.
So, you need to verify your Internet connection. In order to check your Internet connection, open your internet browser to see if web page loading performs fast, without interruptions.
If your connection is unstable or not fast enough, you might experience this and other similar errors. If the connection is the issue, hard reset your router/modem. If hard resetting your router/modem doesn’t make any difference, contact your internet provider and let them know about this issue.
Method 3. Clear the Origin cache
1. To begin, close the Origin app.
2. Press the Windows key + R, and type “%ProgramData%/Origin” in the Run box and click OK.
3. Find and delete all the folders except for the folder named LocalContent.
4. Press the Windows key + R, and type “%AppData%” in the Run box and click OK.
5. Roaming folder will open, delete the Origin folder.
6. Click App Data in the address bar, open the Local folder, and delete the Origin folder located there.
7. Reboot your system and check if it fixed the issue.
Method 4. Download Malwarebytes 4 for Windows
There may be a slight possibility that you’re experiencing certain technical issues on your Windows PC due to the presence of a virus, malware, or any infected application. Therefore, just to be certain, run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.
Download Malwarebytes 4 for Windows, offering real-time protection against all sorts of viruses, malware, Trojan, spyware, or any other malicious threats that can potentially harm your device and sensitive data. Malwarebytes 4 not just provides you all-round threat protection but also fine-tunes your PC’s performance by getting rid of unwanted startup files and apps.
Method 5. Reinstall Origin
1. Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and uninstall Origin.
2. Go to Program Files and AppData and clear all the remnants of Origin.
Notes: Don’t delete folders with games, or else you would need to redownload them.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Go to the official EA Origin website, download the latest iteration of the desktop client.
5. Install Origin.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to fix Origin client not loading on Windows 10 PC:
Hopefully, at least one of our methods helped you fix the Origin loading issue. If you found this tutorial helpful, leave a comment in the comment section below.