NVIDIA is one of the leading manufacturers in the gaming industry. This American company is well-known for developing the best computer graphics cards. Some users have reported encountering NVIDIA High Definition Audio No Sound problems while using an NVIDIA HDMI to stream audio and video to another monitor.
Although this is a good software, there are several situations where Audio No Sound problems can happen which will be covered today. We will introduce the instruction on how to deal with Nvidia High Definition Audio No Sound On Windows 10 in this latest fixing guidance.
How To Fix Nvidia High Definition Audio no sound/not working in Windows 10
This problem can be triggered by a number of causes, ranging from an output system change to an incorrect driver installation or update. You may need to follow these steps to deal with the problem.
It’s safer to restart your machine first before taking any of the suggested steps. The operating system will be refreshed and get rid of the data corruption.
Step 1: Set the NVIDIA HDMI out as the Default Audio Output Device
Sometimes a new upgrade in Windows or a new driver installation can make changes to the whole system including the default audio output device. You need to do this to change Audio device:
1. Go to Control Panel
Type Control Panel in the search box at the lower left of the screen then click on the Control Panel. (You can right click on the Sound icon at the lower right and choose Sounds).
2. Change the view to Large icons
Change the view to Large icon view if it is set to Category.
3. Choose the Sound button
After clicking on it, a small window named Sound will open.
4. Choose the Playback tab
There will be a list of audio output devices here. If not, right click on the window then check Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
5. Click on Set Default button
Choose NVIDIA HDMI out then click on Set Default to set it as your default audio output device.
Check again to see if the No Sound problem is fixed.
Step 2: Roll back Audio Drivers
If you encountered the Audio No Sound problem right after you had installed the latest drivers on your computer, you can try using the “Roll back Driver” function. This will bring your computer back to its status before the driver update.
1. First, press Windows + R keys to open Run dialog box, then type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter to open the Device Manager window.
2. Find Display Adapters and click on it to see the adapters you are using.
3. Right-click on that adapter and select Properties.
4. Go to the Driver tab, locate the Roll back Driver button. If it is not available, it probably means the graphics driver has not been changed lately or there are not any backup files to recover from. Otherwise, click on the button if it is available.
5. Wait and click OK to exit.
After the progress is done, check if Nvidia High Definition Audio No Sound problem still appears.
Step 3: Enable Onboard Sound in BIOS
When attaching external audio devices or upgrading graphics card drivers, the onboard sound devices are usually turned off automatically. Try activating Onboard Sound Device in BIOS to solve the problem.
1. Turn ON computer and press BIOS key to access BIOS settings (BIOS keys: F1, F2, DEL, …)
2. After the BIOS Setup Utility opens, go to Advanced tab.
3. Choose the Onboard Devices Configuration.
4. Find Sound setting in the Audio Controller then enable it by pressing Enter.
5. Save and Exit the BIOS Setup Utility.
6. Reboot your computer.
After enabling Onboard Sound device in BIOS see if Nvidia Audio No Sound problem still happens.
Step 4: Run Audio Troubleshooter
Windows Troubleshooter is a powerful tool to identify errors and resolve them. You might need to run the Troubleshooter one time.
1. Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box, select Troubleshooting settings from the results.
2. Select Additional Troubleshooters.
4. Go to Get up and Running section, click on Playing Audio option
5. After clicking Run the Troubleshooter, the system will ask you to choose the device you wish to troubleshoot. Select the Audio device then choose Next. Wait for Windows to complete the progress.
6. If the system could not detect the issue, choose Close to exit.
Check if Nvidia High Definition Audio No Sound issue is fixed.
Step 5: Update the Nvidia drivers manually
A broken display driver can also be the main reason why no sound problem occurs. You need to have a graphic driver reinstallation if it is necessary.
1. Open Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R, then type “msconfig” and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
2. Switch to Boot tab, select Safe boot. Restart the computer to enter Safe Mode.
3. Click on This PC then access your local hard disk. Find and delete the NVIDIA folder in your hard disk.
4. Open Run dialog box again, type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter to access the Device Manager section.
5. Click on Display Adapters to see a list of adapters you have installed. Find and Uninstall the NVIDIA adapter by right-clicking on it and choose Uninstall. Click OK to completely remove the adapter and its driver.
6. Open Run dialog box again, then type “msconfig” and press Enter to open System Configuration window.
5. Switch to Boot tab. Deselect Safe boot then click OK.
8. You will need to restart one more time to apply these changes.
9. Now you can download the latest NVIDIA driver for your computer from this site: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx.
10. Run the setup file and follow the instructions which occur on screen. Select the Custom installation option and check all the boxes in the custom install options windows. Also, check the box which states “perform clean install”.
11. Reboot your system.
After Driver updates, check if the problem is fixed or not.
After having done all the steps above, you no longer have to experience the Nvidia High Definition Audio No Sound problem on Windows 10.