You would be very annoyed if your mic can’t work on Discord. Don’t worry, this tutorial will show you how to fix Discord mic not working in Windows 10.
For many years, Discord has become the primary gaming VOIP provider. Its success continued to increase and reflects the ease of use. Mic problems happen to us all and we will give you some step-by-step instructions in this post so that you will communicate in Discord once again.
See more: How to download Discord for Windows 10
First Things To Try
There are a lot of things you can do to solve the problem before we change the setup. These fixes are available to users who already have differences, but have regrettably stopped working.
- Close Discord entirely and attempt to reopen the application. Perhaps this would overcome the dilemma but not necessarily alone.
- Try the latter, unplug and re-open the Discord with your audio/mic Jack or USB.
- If all of the above solutions do not work, a complete restart of your PC should bring back the use of your mic.
If the problem persists you can try logging out of Discord instead of closing it down. Alternatively, close the application down and run it as an administrator. Just right-click the discord icon and select “Run as administrator”.
How To Fix Discord Mic Not Working
Method 1: Allow Discord to Use Your Microphone
First, make sure that you have enabled microphone access in your Windows PC. Here’s how you do it:
1. Click on the Start menu and select Settings.
2. Select Privacy.
3. Then, select Microphone under App permissions from the sidebar to your left-hand corner.
4. Turn on the switch under Allow apps to access your microphone.
Method 2: Update the Audio Driver
The problem can be as clear as an old driver or even a compromised file. This is quickly solved by merely manually upgrading your audio driver.
Update your audio card manually and pick the new driver from the manufacturer. When you use the onboard sound from your motherboard, go to the host and do the same.
If you don’t have the computer skills, time, or patience to update your audio driver manually, we would recommend you do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically scan your computer and look for the correct driver for your exact audio card, and it will download and install them correctly:
1. Download and install Driver Easy on your computer.
2. Launch Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then recognize your system and detect any problem drivers.
3. Click the Update button next to the flagged audio driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver.
Alternatively, you can also click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
Method 3: Make Sure Discord Is Using The Correct Mic
If the above is not successful then it should be checked that Discord is the right microphone. It is not so common, but it is possible to select sometimes the wrong device and no microphone is detected. It is not so common, but it is possible to select sometimes the wrong device and no microphone is detected.
This is how Discord uses the right microphone:
1. Go to “User Settings” on the bottom of the app (looks like a cogwheel).
2. After that, select “Voice & Video” under the header “App Settings“.
3. Now you can see an “Input Device” box next to the top. To select your device, click this and use the drop-down menu.
4. Lastly, you should ensure that the “Input volume” slider below this drop-down is maximized (should be the default setting).
Method 4: Reset Your Voice Settings
1. First, start by going to the “User Settings” located near the bottom (looks like a cogwheel).
2. Then, navigate to “Voice & Video” which is underneath the “App Settings” header.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of this page, click on the “Reset Voice Settings” button.
4. Click on the “Okay” button then reconnect and check if your Microphone works.
Method 5: Try Automatic Input Sensitivity
The “Auto Input Sensitivity” may sometimes stop working in Discord. In essence, Discord detects the input of your microphone automatically, and it is very easy to change:
1. Go to “User Settings” and select “Voice & Video” which occurs underneath the “App Settings“.
2. The header “Input Sensitivity” should be used to view a double color bar.
To automatically detect the Input, turn the switch on the right.
Method 6: Try Push To Talk
Many gamers are always ready for Discord, but if you are one that doesn’t work and none of the above has worked it is time to try this solution.
If you never used this before, you must press the button you set when you want to communicate on the application. It might seem to be a discomfort, but after some time you’ll get used to it.
1. To begin, go to “User Settings“.
2. Next, select “Voice & Video” on the left underneath the “App Settings” header.
3. Now, click “Push to Talk“.
4. The “Sensitivity input” bar will be changed to a shortened box.
5. You can click on “Edit Keybind” and mouse over this box.
6. You start recording by clicking on the mouse or keyboard it will be your signal.
7. Finally, click “Stop recording“.
Reconnect your microphone and try to send an audio message on Discord and check to see if it has worked.
Read more: How to Fix No Route Error on Discord
In this video, we are gonna show you how to fix the Discord not detecting Mic error:
If you are now unable to find a fix for your problem, try removing the Discord application from your PC completely and re-installing it again. Finally, if you do not completely reinstall the job, you will contact Discord yourself who will be happy to help.