In this tutorial, learn how to fix Facebook Messenger camera not working in Windows 10.
Have you lately upgraded your Windows 10 build? Then there’s a good probability you’re having problems with the webcam. Many users do, which is why we’ve come to help. For Skype, Hangouts, and even Facebook Messenger, the webcam may cease working.
While Facebook Messenger is a popular video calling platform that competes with Skype and WhatsApp, it also encounters an error when attempting to conduct a video connection. The issue appears to be with the web camera, which is caused by the latest Windows 10 upgrade. It is, however, repairable. Let’s have a look at how.
Solution 1: If facing this issue in Chrome, Check camera settings
- Go to Chrome browser.
- Navigate to chrome://settings/content/camera
- Make sure that camera access is turned ON now.
Also, as indicated below, make sure the correct webcam is selected.
Solution 2: Check in settings
- To open settings, tap Windows key + I together
- Tap on Privacy now.
- From the left menu, tap on Camera.
- Ensure that the Camera is Turned ON in the right.
- Find the section and Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your camera in the right side.
6. If you’re having trouble with a browser like Chrome, check sure it’s turned ON from the list.
If you’re having trouble with a browser like Microsoft Edge, make sure it’s turned ON from the drop-down menu.
Notice that if you have a messenger app installed and are having problems with it, scroll down the list, select the messenger app from the list, and make sure it is switched on in the list.
Solution 3: Disable IR camera
- In Windows 10 search box, search Device manager
- Expand the Imaging Devices or Camera section in Device Manager and look for any IR camera devices.
If an IR device is present, simply right-click it and disable it.
Solution 4: Through Registry Editor
1: To open the Run command, press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard together. To open the Registry Editor window, type regedit in the search area and hit OK.
2: Go to the below path in the Registry Editor window
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform
Right-click on an empty spot on the right-hand side of the pane, pick New from the right-click menu, and then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
3: Name the new value as EnableFrameServerMode.
4: To open the Value, double-click. Check the Value Data column in the Edit DWORD (32-bit) value dialogue box. It should be set to 0 by default. To depart, tap OK.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to fix camera not working in facebook messenger on Windows 10 PC or laptop:
That is all there is to it. Your issue should now be addressed, and you should be able to use the Facebook Messenger camera again.