Below are a few methods that should fix the error 0xc00d5212 in Windows Media Player:
- Install K-Lite Codec
- Play the video with VLC
- Convert the AVI video to an alternative format
How to fix error 0xc00d5212 in Windows Media Player
Method 1. Install K-Lite Codec
As error 0xc00d5212 can be a codec problem, installing the all-in-one K-Lite Codec pack might fix the issue.
See more: 6 best video codec packs for Windows 10 to play all formats
Method 2. Play the Video With VLC
VLC Media Player is one of the most popular media apps available; supports a wide variety of media files and codecs. Many users have also reported that their AVI videos that didn’t play in Windows Media Player played fine in VLC.
You can download and install VLC on Windows 10 PC from this source.
What’s more, VLC media player can also fix corrupted AVI files. To do so, click Tools and select Preferences in VLC. Choose Input & Codecs on the left of the Preferences window.
Choose Always Fix on the Damaged or incomplete AVI file drop-down menu, and click the Save option. After that, VLC might fix corrupted AVI videos when you play the clips.
Method 3. Convert the AVI video to an alternative format
Error 0xc00d5212 will happen when the correct codec required to support the AVI file isn’t installed. Hence, converting the AVI video to an alternative format Windows Media Player will probably play is one method to fix the problem.
Tip: MP4 is among the most universal video file format that most media players play.
1. Download and install Apowersoft Video Converter Studio.
2. After installation, launch it and then import an AVI video that doesn’t play.
3. Select the output format as MP4 in the dropdown list in the “Profile” field, and you can also select where to store the MP4 files in the “Output” field.
4. Press on the “Convert” button and the conversion starts.
That’s about it.
If you have any other problems with WMP, go to Windows Media Player section.