Discord is a must-have software for gamers, but many users reported that Discord has high CPU and GPU usage. This can be an annoying issue and it can cause your applications to slow down.
High CPU and GPU usage can also affect other applications and games, and cause your performance to suffer, but you can fix this problem by following our methods.
How to fix Discord high CPU and GPU usage in Windows 10
Method 1. Turning on or off hardware acceleration
1. Launch Discord app.
2. Click the tab “User Settings” under server channels, it’s a little gear icon.
3. Select Appearance.
4. Find Hardware acceleration and click on Hardware acceleration.
5. Click on the “Okay” button.
Hardware acceleration should be ON, as the graphics card will take over a part of the performance. As a result, the processor is relieved.
Many users reported that having it on was actually causing high CPU and GPU usage in Discord, and by disabling it, the issue was fixed.
Thus if your hardware acceleration is on, then disabling it could help you.
Method 2. Change the Cores your computer uses
1. Press Windows Key + R then type “msconfig” in the Run dialog box. Click OK.
2. When the System Configuration window opens, go to the Boot tab, click on Advanced Options button.
3. Uncheck the box in front of Number of processors. Click OK to save changes.
4. Reboot your system.
Note: If this option is unticked, it is saying your laptop not to limit itself to just one core of your processor.
Method 3. Reinstall the Discord app
Another common method is to reinstall the Discord app. Downloading a fresh version can get rid of the issue, as there may be a problem with your current version.
Read more: Download Discord for Windows 10
This is a frequent method when you are struggling with other issues. Even when having issues with other software, you can try reinstalling it, if nothing seems to work.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to fix Discord high CPU usage in Windows 10:
These are our methods, and by following them you will manage to fix the Discord issue with high CPU usage once and for all.