In this tutorial, we are gonna show you how to enable the new Start menu on Windows 10 version 2004.
Microsoft has started rolling out a new streamlined design of the Start menu on Windows 10 for version 2004 with update KB4568831. The new improved Start menu looks like the same design you currently have but now it includes a more modernized tone. It removes the solid color and involves something more uniform and slightly transparent background to the tiles. You will get some other changes and redesigned icons for built-in apps such as Calendar, Calculator, etc. If you’re willing to enable the improved Start menu on your Windows 10, this post is useful for you.
Before make sure you have installed Build 19041.423 or higher on your Windows 10 PC. You can get the respective build number by downloading and installing a preview patch KB4568831 from this source.
Here are the steps to enable the new Windows 10 Start menu using Registry Editor
How to enable the new Start Menu in Windows 10 version 2004
First, we would recommend you create a system restore point.
1. Click on Start and type “notepad” in the text field. Choose the result from the search result to launch Notepad.
2. When the Notepad window opens, copy and paste the following code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
3. Click File and select Save as.
4. Now save the text file with the .reg file extension, such as Start_Menu.reg.
5. Double click on this file to run it.
6. Restart your system to apply the changes.
After restarting your computer, you should now have the new Start menu.
If you want to go back to the old Start Menu layout, open the registry editor and go to the following path.
Now in the left pane, delete the 0 folder and all of its subkeys.
Hope something helps you.