Let me explain first what is Stereo Mix?
Stereo Mix is a tool that allows you to record exactly what was being output to your speakers, without going through any digital/analog conversion. This feature is very useful for recording the audio off a website.
Many Windows users have complained that this feature disappeared on their computers. So this post will show you how to restore missing Stereo Mix on Windows 10.
See more: How To Fix Stereo Mix Not Working on Windows 10
How to Restore Missing Stereo Mix on Windows 10
1. First, visit the Realtek website to download the Realtek audio driver for Windows 10.
2. Once the file is downloaded, browse to the location where you have downloaded the package. Double-click on it.
3. Then, click on “Next” to begin the installation process.
4. Lastly, once the installation is over, click on “Finish“.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Press Windows Key + R then type “mmsys.cpl” in the Run dialog box and click OK.
7. When the Sounds window pops up on your screen, click on the Recording tab.
8. In the Recording tab, right-click anywhere in the middle of the window and then check the boxes next to the Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices options.
9. Now Stereo Mix should appear. Then, right-click on Stereo Mix and then select the Enable option.
10. Click Apply > OK to save changes.
You have successfully enabled the Stereo Mix on your computer.