In this tutorial, learn how to disable a key on keyboard in Windows 10.
If you wish disable certain keys on keyboard, this is how you can turn off keys in Windows 10 with SharpKeys and KeyTweak.
At times there are keys on your keyboard that you never use but usually happen to get in the way. For example, Caps Lock capitalizes all letters when you type login details. So if you wish disable certain keys on keyboard, this is how you can turn off keys in Windows 10 with SharpKeys and KeyTweak.
How to Disable Specific Keys on Your Keyboard in Windows 10
1. Using KeyTweak
KeyTweak is a free utility that allows you to remap any key on your keyboard. So with that you can assign, or remap one key to another. Moreover, you can also disable keys with the program.
1. To begin, visit this Softpedia site to download KeyTweak for Windows.
2. Run the installer to add KeyTweak to Windows and then launch the program.
3. When the KeyTweak window opens, choose a key to switch off by pressing its button on the keyboard display.
4. After choosing a keyboard key to disable, click on the Disable key button. The Pending Changes box shows keys to remap as the image below.
You can click on the Clear All button to erase the list if needed.
5. Click Apply > Yes to restart Windows and switch off the selected key.
After restarting your computer, press the key you selected to switch off. Nothing will occur as the key is effectively turned off.
You can enable the key again by choosing it in KeyTweak and clicking on the Restore Default button. Or you can click on the Restore All Defaults key instead. After that, restart your system to restore the original keys in Windows.
2. Using SharpKeys
SharpKeys is another program you can disably keys with in Windows 10. This is a very useful application that lets you remap your keys, but it also has the ability to disable keys or to assign them to certain functions.
1. First, click here to download SharpKeys.
2. Launch SharpKeys and click on Add.
3. Now you’ll see two columns. In the left pane, click on Type Key and then press the key you selected to disable. Click on OK to select the pressed key.
4. In the right pane, select Turn Key Off and click on OK to save changes.
5. Lastly, click on Write to Registry button and restart your system.
Hope something helps you.