In this tutorial, learn how to convert MP3 files to WMA format in Windows 10/8/7.
MP3 is a commonly used format for audio storage and streaming. Nearly all the electronic products such as cellphones, tablets, Walkman can play MP3 files. Music files are usually compressed in MP3 format as it consumes less space compared to other audio formats. WMA is another audio format which has relatively high sound quality using low storage.
In this post, you can easily find both offline and online methods to convert MP3 to WMA.
How to Convert MP3 to WMA in Windows 10/8/7
Method 1. Use Apowersoft Video Converter Studio
Apowersoft Video Converter Studio is a powerful and multifunctional program which can be used to convert MP3 to WMA with ease. With this program, you only a few seconds to get the WMA audio from MP3 source, much faster than many other converters. Moreover, it can convert more than 40 files simultaneously, which will save you a lot of efforts and time when you have many MP3 files to convert. Here are the steps:
1. First, download and install this program on your computer.
2. After installation, run it and then import your MP3 file(s) to the function interface.
Note: You can add more than one MP3 file at a time.
3. Choose the output format as WMA in the dropdown list in the “Profile” field, and you can also select where to store the WMA files in the “Output” field.
4. Press on the “Convert” button and the conversion starts. Wait for process to complete, the WMA files will be saved in the corresponding folder.
In addition, you can also do some editing work via the program. For instance, you can cut and save one or several part(s) of the original files, you can merge some audio files into one, or you can delete the section you dislike.
Method 2. Use Free Online Converter
If you want to convert MP3 to WMA format without installing a desktop application, just try this free online MP3 to WMA converter below:
2. Select the MP3 audio you want to convert.
2. Select the output format as WMA, and choose channels, bitrate and sample rate according to your preference.
3. Press on the “Convert” button to activate the process. When it’s finished, the WMA file will be saved to your computer automatically.
Method 3. Use Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player is a simple media player and converter which can be used to convert MP3 to WMA with ease.
How to Convert MP3 Files to WMA Format With Windows Media Player
1. Open Windows Media Player and create a playlist in the Music library to add MP3 audio files. You can also directly choose any MP3 audio file from the playlists for conversion.
2. Under Organize Menu, click “Options“. It will automatically open Options window, where you can perform any settings such as Convert Music to Devices, Rip Music, Change Performance Settings, Burn, Privacy settings, Modify Media Library Settings, Network, Security, etc.
3. Now go to “Rip Music” tab. Use Rip Settings to select the output format. You need to select “Windows Media Audio” format to convert MP3 file into WMA.
4. Click OK to activate converting MP3 to WMA file.
Method 4. Use VLC
VLC is a free and open source media player that opens almost any file format and has an option for converting your audio files. This method will guide you on how you can convert MP3 files to WMA using VLC:
1. To begin, download and install VLC on your computer.
2. After installing VLC, launch it. Click the “Media” menu, and then click the “Convert/Save” command.
3. Click the “Add” button and browse to MP3 source file.
4. Click “Convert/Save” button to open up the next window.
5. In the “Profile” drop-down list, select “Video – WMV + WMA (ASF)” and then click the “Browse” button to select the folder to which you want to save the output file.
6. After you’ve selected a folder to save the file, type the file name in the “File Name” box. Make sure to use the extension you want for the file: .WMA
7. Click the “Start” button to begin the conversion process.
When it’s done, you’ll find your new WMA file in the output folder you chose.
How to convert MP3 to M4A on Windows 10/8/7
How to convert AIFF to MP3 on Windows 10/8/7