MKV is a popular file format, however, certain devices can’t play it at all. So it’s better to use MP4 instead, and this post will show you how to convert MKV to MP4 without losing quality.
How to convert a MKV file to MP4
Method 1. Use VLC
2. Launch VLC.
3. Click Media > Convert / Save.
4. Click the Add button and pick up the MKV file that you want to convert.
5. Next, click on the arrow next to Convert / Save and click Convert.
6. Set Profile to Video – H.265 + MP3 (MP4), select the destination directory, and click on Start.
7 . Lastly, wait for the process to finish.
Method 2. Use Handbrake
Handbrake is a wonderful free MKV to MP4 converter, thus you might have to experiment with different settings until you get the desired results. Here are the steps:
2. Open Handbrake.
3. Click the “Source” button and select “Open File” from the drop-down list. Add the file MKV file that you want to convert.
4. Then choose MP4 as the output format and customize the settings.
5. Lastly, click on Start and wait for the conversion process to finish.