In this article, learn how to remove AVG Antivirus from Windows 10.
Anti-virus programs are an essential tool for protecting your Windows system from malware, which is particularly crucial on business systems with important data. If you’re installing a new antivirus program, you’ll need to make sure AVG Anti-virus is completely uninstalled first. Multiple antivirus programs will interfere with each other if they’re installed on the same system. AVG provides both a standard uninstaller and a downloadable removal tool.
How To Uninstall AVG Antivirus in Windows 10
Method 1. Uninstall via Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel. To do so, press Windows Key + S and type “control panel”. Click Control Panel from the list of results.
2. Click “Uninstall a Program” under Programs in the Control Panel window.
3. Find the AVG Antivirus program in the list and click the “Uninstall” button on the toolbar.
4. Click the “Next” button to uninstall AVG Antivirus.
5. Restart your computer.
Method 2. Uninstall via AVG Clear
2. Right-click the downloaded avgclear.exe setup file, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
3. Click No when AVG Clear prompts you to restart Windows in Safe Mode.
4. Select AVG Antivirus in the drop-down menu. Leave the installation program directory and installation data directory unchanged, unless you changed the default installation. Click Uninstall.
5. Click Restart computer to complete uninstallation.
AVG Antivirus is now uninstalled from your PC.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to remove AVG Antivirus with Remove tool:
That’s about it.