How to Change Google Background on Your Desktop and Mobile
If you’re anything like us, you undoubtedly use Google’s very useful search feature at least a few times a day, so you’re aware that the internet giant’s search page is fairly basic—an area where Bing fares better than Google. The good news is that you can change the Google background quickly and effortlessly without breaking a sweat.
We’ll teach you how to accomplish it on both your desktop and your Android mobile in this article.
How to Change the Background on Google in Chrome
Before you begin, keep in mind that if you want to alter Google’s home screen backdrop, you’ll need to utilize Chrome on your PC. After you’ve opened the browser, make sure you log in using your Google account. All you have to do now is complete the following steps:
1. In your browser, open a new tab.
2. You can see a Customize button in the lower-right corner.
3. To select from Google’s own image gallery, click on it.
4. Once you’ve picked whatever image to use, right-click it and choose Done.
5. The results should be visible right away.
You can also use your own image or GIF by selecting the “Upload from Device” option and customizing the backdrop. You can also apply a theme from the same menu. There are a few possibilities here, but if you’re not content with this crop, Google has a lot more. Follow the steps below on your computer to find these themes.
1. In Chrome, go to the upper-right corner of the screen and tap the three-dot menu.
2. Head to the Settings menu.
3. Select Appearance from the menu on the left side of your screen.
4. Choose Theme.
5. You’ll be brought to the Chrome Web Store, where you may browse through a variety of apps. The appearance of other elements in your browser, including tabs, will be affected by a new theme.
6. Click the “Add to Chrome” option after selecting your choice.
7. You should be able to see the changes right away without needing to restart your browser.
If you ever wish to go back to the standard look, navigate to “Settings -> Appearance -> Themes,” and click the “Reset to Default” option to restore everything to its former condition.
How to Customize the Background in the Google App on Android
If you want to give Google’s home page on mobile a new look, things get a little more complicated. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to do so using the complete Google app. If you’re ready to switch to Google’s alternate app, which was meant for low-end smartphones but works well on any device, you can personalize your backdrop.
1. Download and launch Google Go on your Android device.
2. Look for and tap the gear symbol in the upper-right area of the screen.
3. At the top of the screen, select “Choose background.”
4. From your image library, choose the image you wish to use as the background.
5. Select the wallpaper you want to use.
6. The new image should take the place of the default white backdrop that appears when you launch the Google Go app.
If you want to go back to the white background, go back to the Google Go app’s gear button and select “Remove wallpaper.”
On mobile, Chrome does not have the same Google background customization options. You can go to dark mode, but you can’t alter the background image or select different themes.