In this article, learn how to back up your Android phone’s data to PC or laptop before a factory reset.
There are many wireless transfer apps can help you export data to a computer, such as Send Any Where, SHAREit, much more. You can refer to this tutorial to transfer files from Android phone to PC using SHAREit. You install these transfer apps on both mobile phone and computer, then connect them up via Wi-Fi, choose the data, files and apps on the mobile phone, then send them to computer wirelessly. This post will introduce two backup programs which can not only backup and restore your Android phone, but also selectively transfer files back and forth between your computer and mobile phone through Wi-Fi.
How to Backup Android Phone to PC (Windows 10/8/7)
ApowerManager is highly recommended for iOS and Android device backup. It allows you to back up all the important phone data on your Windows PC or laptop, including photos, videos, contacts, messages, apps, call logs, etc. Now, read on to see how to use ApowerManagee to backup Android to desktop.
1. First, visit this site to download and install ApowerManager for PC and Android phone.
2. Run ApowerManager and then connect your Android phone to it via Wi-Fi network or USB cable.
3. After connected, click “Tools“.
4. After that, click “Backup & Restore“.
5. Then, select “Full Backup“.
6. Select the backup location and then click “Backup“.
Now you’ll be able to backup Android data to PC or laptop.
Note: Besides using the Backup & Restore option, you can also choose which file you want to copy by exporting the file to PC directly. Go to the Manage tab, then you will see all the media file categories on the left panel. Simply choose the file you want to copy and click “Export“. This is another method for you to backup Android data to computer.
MobileTrans is actually for phone-to-phone transfer. However, it also comes along with a backup function. This tool can assist you to backup videos, photos, contacts, SMS, and all the other media files just like ApowerManager does. Here are the steps to backup Android phone to PC with this particular tool.
1. To begin, click here to download and install MobileTrans.
2. Launch MobileTrans and select “Back Up Your Phone”.
3. Next, connect your Android phone to MobileTrans by using USB cable.
4. Once connected, pick up the file categories you want to copy and click “Start Transfer“.
5. Wait for process to complete, you can check all the copied files by clicking “Open Folder“.
Hope something helps you.