The Xinput1_3.dll is missing error message happens when a game or other software program is launched. The error file is caused by an issue with Microsoft DirectX when the xinput1_3.dll dynamic link library (DLL) file is not found.
Any of Microsoft’s operating (include Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10) may be affected by xinput1_3.dll and other DirectX issues.
Several of the more common xinput1_3.dll error messages include:
– The file xinput1_3.dll is missing.
– Xinput1_3.DLL Not Found.
– File xinput1_3.dll not found.
– Xinput1_3.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this.
However, we have compiled a list of methods and how can you fix the missing xinput1_3.dll errore on your Windows PC.
How to Fix Xinput1_3.dll Not Found or Missing Errors in Windows 10/8/7
Method 1. Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX
Upgrading your current version of Microsoft DirectX can fix the missing xinput1_3.dll error. To do that, follow these steps:
1. Download Microsoft’s official DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from this source.
2. Select the language and click on Download button.
3. Save the file to a specified path on your computer.
4. Run the setup file to install the DirectX updates and follow the prompts.
After updating your current version of Microsoft DirectX, reboot your system and open the affected program.
Method 2. Install the DirectX version of the affected program
Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn’t fix the xinput1_3.dll error you’re receiving, find a DirectX installation program on your application or game CD or DVD. Basically, if a program or another game uses DirectX, the software developers include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc.
Sometimes, the DirectX version included on the disc is a better fit for the program than the latest version available online.
Method 3. Copy the Xinput1_3.dll file
If you need a copy of Xinput1_3.dll, you can download opengl32.dll from a “DLL download” website. Follow these steps:
1. Visit this site to download the Xinput1_3.dll file.
2. Download the Xinput1_3.dll file according to your Windows PC:
– For Windows 32-Bit -> select 32-Bit File
– For Windows 64-Bit -> select 64 Bit File
3. Extract the Xinput1_3.dll file from the downloaded Zip-File/s.
4. Copy/Paste the file/s into your system directory.
By default, this is
For 32bit DLL-files is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\
For 64bit dll-files C:\Windows\System32\
5. After that, start an elevated command prompt.
6. In the command prompt, type the following and press Enter
7. Restart your computer.
Method 4. Reinstall the program
Consider reinstalling the software application that displayed xinput1_3.dll is missing problem. Reinstalling the corrupted program will replace the program files including its dynamic link libraries with a fresh one.
1. Click Start menu and type “Control Panel” in the search box. Then select Control Panel from the results.
2. In the Control Panel, navigate to the Programs and Features menu to uninstall a program.
3. Find the application that produced the error and then uninstall it.
4. After that, download the application at its official download page. If you installed using a CD, insert the CD and install it.
5. Run the installer and follow the prompts until the installation is complete.
6. Lastly, launch the application again.
This fix will solve the xinput1_3.dll is missing error.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to fix XINPUT1_3.DLL is missing in Windows 10:
Hope something helps you.