Fix USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0
If you’re having problems with your USB Composite device, such as it can’t work properly with USB 3.0, don’t panic; this tutorial will assist you in resolving the issue. It’s a joyous occasion that you purchased a new laptop with the most up-to-date configuration. You may have heard that USB 3.0 is the most popular port for quicker file transfers via USB ports. As a result, the majority of gadgets only come with this setup. However, what if you have an old printer that isn’t compatible with the latest USB 3.0 ports?
“USB device is an older USB device and might not work USB 3.0”
The majority of older gadgets are compatible with USB 2.0 connections. It means you’ll have some issues connecting older devices to the latest USB 3.0 port. “USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0,” is one of the most typical issues you’ll encounter. In certain circumstances, however, consumers have no issues connecting the old printer to the USB 3.0 port. No worries, you won’t have to panic or throw away your old printer because we’ll show you how to fix the USB Composite Device that won’t function with USB 3.0 issue.
- Fix USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0
- Method 1 – Update USB Driver
- Method 2 – Re-install USB controllers
- Method 3 – Enable USB legacy support in BIOS
- Method 4 – Prevent Windows from turning off the devices
- Method 5 – USB 2.0 Expansion Card
- Method 6 – Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- Method 7 – Windows USB Troubleshooter
Fix USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0
Make a backup copy of your data in case something goes wrong.
Method 1 – Update USB Driver
It’s not always about the driver. You may get the above problem if it is corrupted, updated, or absent.
1. Tap Windows key + R then enter devmgmt.msc and Enter to open Device Manager.
2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
3. Go to Generic USB Hub by right-clicking on it and chooeơse “Update Driver.”
5. Tap on Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer.
6. From the list of drivers, choose Generic USB Hub and choose Next.
7. After Windows has completed the installation, click Close.
8. Be sure to follow steps 4–8 for each “Generis USB Hub” controller listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
9. If the problem persists, repeat steps 1 through 9 for all of the devices listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
If this solution does not resolve the issue of the Fix USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0, proceed to the next step.
Method 2 – Re-install USB controllers
You can also use the process of disabling and re-enabling your USB controllers. It’s possible that the issue stems from the USB controller. You do not need to be concerned when performing this procedure because it is absolutely safe for your system.
1. Launch Device Manager. Tap Windows +R and enter “devmgmt.msc”.
2.Click on Universal Serial Bus controllers and then expand this option.
3.Right-click each USB controller and select Uninstall from the menu that appears.
4. Repeat the same procedurewith all of the possible USB controllers mentioned under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
5. Finally, after you’ve completed the uninstallation, you’ll need to restart your computer.
6. When you reboot your computer, Windows will automatically search for hardware changes and install any missing drivers.
Method 3 – Enable USB legacy support in BIOS
This method can be used if you are still having trouble with this issue. To check whether USB legacy support is active or not, simply go into your BIOS settings. You must activate it if it is not already enabled. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve our issue.
1. To enter BIOS setup, switch off your laptop, then turn it on while simultaneously pressing F2, DEL, or F12 (depending on your manufacturer).
2. Go to Advanced using the arrow keys.
3. Navigate to USB Configuration and then Enable USB legacy support.
4. Save your modifications and see whether you’re able to Fix USB device is an older USB device and might not work USB 3.0 issue.
Method 4 – Prevent Windows from turning off the devices
Have you ever observed how your printer connects and then disconnects for a brief period of time? Yes, there could be a Windows bug that switches the gadget off automatically to save power. Most of the time, it’s just to preserve power in most gadgets, especially laptops.
1. Tap Windows +R and type “devmgmt.msc” and choose Enter to open Device Manager.
2. Navigate to USB Serial Device Controllers.
3. You must find USB Root Hub, after that, right-click on each USB Root Hub and go to Properties and choose the Power Management Tab.
4. You must uncheck the box “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power“ here. LAstly, save your settings.
5. Restart your system and try connecting your printer back.
Method 5 – USB 2.0 Expansion Card
However, if none of the previous solutions for fixing USB Composite Device won’t function with USB 3.0 worked for you, you can purchase a USB 2.0 Expansion card to connect your old printer to your new laptop.
Method 6 – Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
1. Tap Windows Key + I to open Settings then tap on Update & Security icon.
2. Choose Troubleshoot from the left-hand menu.
3. Tap on “Hardware and Devices“ in “Find and fix other problems” section now.
4. Then, tap on Run the troubleshooter and follow on-screen instructions to Fix USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0.
Method 7 – Windows USB Troubleshooter
To assist all Windows users, Windows offers its own troubleshooting section. You can get direct assistance from Microsoft to solve your problem. This Windows web-based diagnostic and repair application will automatically detect the problem and repair it or provide suggestions for how to solve it.
Perhaps, these suggestions may assist you in resolving your issue. There may be other options, but we’ve highlighted the most successful ones for resolving the USB Composite Device won’t work properly problem. All you have to do now is make sure you follow the procedures in the correct order to get the best results.
I hope this post was helpful, and you can now simply Fix USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0, but if you have any queries, please leave them in the comments.