In this article, learn how to fix Something went wrong YouTube error with these steps.
Users can watch videos on YouTube without having to sign up for an account. Nevertheless, logging in is required to leave comments and enjoy videos. The issue has been reported by a number of users. Several users have reported the Oops! Something went wrong YouTube error while trying to sign in.
This issue happens when using a web browser to access your YouTube account. The problem might occur for a variety of reasons, including an outdated web browser or troubles with your Google account.
If you’re having difficulties with this problem, here are some troubleshooting tips to help you fix it. Oops! Something went wrong with YouTube.
What to do when YouTube says something went wrong?
1. Update your browser
For Chrome and Microsoft Edge
- Fire up Mozilla Firefox.
- Tap the menu ( three horizontal bars ).
- Tap on Help.
- Choose About Firefox.
- Firefox will look for any pending updates now.
- You will see an Update to xxx button in the About Mozilla Firefox window.
- To download and install the updates, tap on Update to 72.xx.xx version.
- Relaunch Firefox and check for any improvements after installing the update.
2. Remove devices from Google Account
Check the added devices
- Go to your Google Account. If you’re prompted to confirm the details, sign in with your Google account credentials.
- Open the Security tab from the Home Screen.
- Scroll down to the section under “Your Devices.”
- Select Manage Your Devices from the drop-down menu.
- Check to see whether your account has numerous devices.
- Remove any devices that do not belong to you if you locate them. You can also remove and re-add any recognized device.
Remove the device
- To uninstall a device, click the three dots next to its name.
- Select Sign Out from the menu.
- To confirm the action, click Sign Out in the pop-up window.
- This will log you out of your account on the device you’ve chosen.
- Except for your computer or the main device where the error is happening, repeat this procedure on all other devices.
- Reopen YouTube and try to sign in again. Keep an eye out for any improvements.
3. Change Google account password
- Go to your Google Account page. If prompted, sign in with your Google account login and password.
- Navigate to the Security tab.
- Click Password under Signing in to Google.
- Sign in with your current Google account password.
- Please type in your new password. Re-confirm the password.
- Change your password by clicking the Change Password button.
- Open YouTube and sign in with your password to see whether there have been any changes.
4. Reinstall the web browser
- Tao Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Enter control and click OK.
- Head to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Choose Google Chrome.
- Tap on Uninstall and confirm the action.
- From the official Google Chrome website, download and install the most recent version.
The blunder! Something went horribly wrong. Errors on YouTube might be caused by problems with your browser or your Google account. To fix the mistake, go through each step in this article one by one.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to fix YouTube Oops Something Went Wrong Error in Windows 10/8/7:
If you have any further questions or recommendations, please leave them in the comments section below, and we’ll be sure to look into them.