The Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error r6025 happens on Windows platforms when launching programs that relies on Visual C++ libraries.
When the application calls a pure virtual function with an invalid call context, you can receive an error message, Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Program Name R6025 – pure virtual function call.
Let me explain first what is runtime error r6025 pure virtual function call?
It is an error that happens when a program is being run and missing files from a framework or a version conflict prevents it from working properly.
Here are some similar problems that users receive and that should have the same methods applied to solve them:
- Skyrim runtime error r6025: The error happens while playing Skyrim and updating the framework components will resolve the problem.
- Runtime error r6025 Fallout 4: This runtime error occurs when launching Fallout 4. Either update the Redistributable package or reinstall the game to make the issue go away.
- Runtime error r6025 pure virtual function call: Follow the methods from this post to fix this issue.
- Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error r6025: The main culprit, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package that has to be fixed.
If you are also troubled by this error, these are a few resolutions that might fix it.
How to fix Microsoft Visual error r6025
Method 1. Scan System Files
Runtime errors can appear be due to corrupted system files. Therefore, running an SFC scan could repair pertinent system files and fix this problem. Here are the steps:
1. In the Search bar type “cmd“, right-click Command Prompt and select the Run as administrator option on that menu.
2. Inside the Command Prompt, type the following command “Dismissive /Online /Cleanup-image /Restore health” and press Enter before running the SFC scan.
3. Next, type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter to run the SFC scan.
4. When the SFC scan is done, restart your system if the scan repaired files.
Method 2. Repair Microsoft NET Framework 3.5
It might be the case that you need to repair the Microsoft NET Framework installation. Follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + R, type “appwiz.cpl” in Run box and click OK.
2. In the Programs and Features window, click Turn Windows features on or off.
3. Then unselect the NET Framework 3.5 checkbox, and click OK.
4. Reboot your system.
5. Open the Windows Features window again and then check the NET Framework 3.5 checkbox. Click OK to save changes.
6. Restart your computer.
Method 3. Install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
It might be the case that your computer is missing a Visual C++ redistributable package and its run time components required by the software.
Go to Programs and Features, you will see to lists your installed Visual C++ packages on your computer.
If your computer lacks some C++ redistributable packages, you can manually install 32 and 64-bit versions.
Make sure you add the 32-bit packages to a 32-bit Windows platform. You can download the more recent Visual C++ redistributable packages from these following pages:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Update 4
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2017 and 2019 (x64)
You may also like: How To Fix “Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library” Error in Windows 10
Checkout this video to illustrate this guide:
Hope something helps you.