Any avid sport game fans won’t want to miss out on FIFA 22, the latest fantastic installment of the FIFA franchise. While this game was just released, there are constant reports about FIFA 22 crashing on PC. If you encounter the same issue, don’t worry. In this post, we’ve put together a full list of solutions.
How To Fix Fifa 22 Crashing On PC Issue
You don’t have to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick.
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Update your graphics driver
- Change the DirectX settings
- Disable overlay
- Optimize the graphics settings
- Reinstall the game
Method 1 – Verify the integrity of game files
Before trying anything more complicated, you should check if there are missing or corrupted game files that stop FIFA 22 from running normally. First choose your gaming platform: Steam or Origin, and follow the instructions to do an integrity check.
If you’re on Steam
1. Open your Steam client and go to Library.
2. Right-click FIFA 22 and select Properties.
3. Go to the Local Files tab and click Verify integrity of game files.
Once the process completes, restart your game to see how it works. If the crashes reoccur, move on to the next fix below.
If you’re on Origin
1. Launch Origin and click My Game Library from the left pane. Then select FIFA 22 from the list.
2. Click the gear icon under the Play button and click Repair.
It may take a few minutes to scan and repair, and then you can test if the crashing issue is still there. If yes, try the second solution.
Method 2 – Change the DirectX settings
If you’re running into FIFA 22 crashing with a specific DirectX error, then you may need to change the DirectX settings to see if that helps your case.
1. Open the File Explorer by pressing the Window logo key and E, and go to to Document.
2. Go to the FIFA 22 folder. Then right-click the fifasetup.ini file and select Open with > Notepad.
3. If you see DIRECTX_SELECT = 0, change the value to 1. If it’s 1, change it to 0.
4. Click File > Save to save changes.
Now check if FIFA 22 runs smoothly after the tweaks. If your game is still unplayable, read Method 3.
Method 3 – Disable overlay
In some cases, the overlay of the game launcher like Steam or Origin may cause FIFA 22 to crash or function improperly. It is an interface that allows you to access voice chat or other features. If that’s not necessary for you, simply turn it off.
1. Launch Steam and go to the Library tab.
2. From the game list, right-click FIFA 22 and select Properties.
3. Uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
How does the game work with overlay disabled? If not, follow Method 5 to update your graphics driver.
1. Open Origin. Go to My Game Library, and select the FIFA 22 tile.
2. Click the gear icon and select Game Properties.
3. Make sure Enable Origin In Game for FIFA 22 Ultimate Edition is unchecked. Click Save.
Launch the game again to check if this fix does the trick. If it keeps crashing as before, continue to the next fix.
Method 4 – Update your graphics driver
The FIFA 22 crashes may indicate a driver issue. A faulty or outdated graphics driver can seriously affect the gaming experience and lead to a variety of problems such as crashing or stuttering. That’s why you should check for the driver updates regularly.
There are two ways you can update the graphics driver easily:
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
Graphics card manufacturers keep updating drivers. To get them, you need to go to their websites (AMD or NVIDIA), find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version and download it manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Option 2 – Automatically update the graphics driver
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
1. Download and install Driver Easy.
2. Launch Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3. Click the Update button next to a flagged graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
So all your device drivers are the latest. Check if FIFA 22 is back to the normal state.
Method 5 – Optimize the graphics settings
Running FIFA 22 on high or ultra graphics may deliver a better experience. However, if your machine isn’t powerful enough, you should just lower certain settings to make the game more stable.
1. Open FIFA 22 and click Game Settings.
2. Choose the Windowed or Windowed Borderless mode.
3. Under Frame Rates, select Lock to 60fps, and click OK.
Play the game to check out on its performance. Still no luck? Try the last fix.
Method 6 – Reinstall the game
If none of the methods above resolves your FIFA 22 crashing issue, consider reinstalling the game from scratch. After uninstalling FIFA 22, also remember to delete the remaining game files. And if possible, install the game on SSD, which, according to some players, solved the crashing dramatically.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to fix FIFA 22 crashing, freezing, FPS & stuttering issue on PC:
Hope something helps you. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave your comment below.