Fix Bluetooth: Check the PIN and Try Connecting Again.
Pairing external Bluetooth devices with your Windows 10 computer can be a difficult task at times. For example, one of the most common Bluetooth failures on PC is the ‘‘Check the PIN and Try Connecting Again‘‘ issue.
The good news is that the remedies in this troubleshooting guide will eliminate the Bluetooth PIN problem.
How to Fix ‘Check the PIN’ Bluetooth Errors
Try a Generic Code
You might not even need to read the rest of this guide if you’re lucky. Your PIN code should be 0000, 1111, or 1234. For many Bluetooth devices, this is the default PIN.
If this approach doesn’t work and you’re prompted to reconnect the device, try the next one.
After you’ve entered your random PIN code and pressed the Connect button, repeat the process by typing the same PIN code and pressing Enter. While Windows 10 is attempting to connect to the faulty Bluetooth device, do the following. You will not be required to enter your PIN more than once. However, numerous customers reported that this workaround worked for them.
Turn off any other Bluetooth devices that are in the same area.
Remove the Bluetooth Address
The problem may be resolved by deleting the address for the malfunctioning Bluetooth device from the Registry.
If you can’t pair your Apple keyboard with your Windows 10 PC, try this method. In the Registry, there’s a hidden blacklist of Bluetooth MACs. Delete the corresponding folder.
1. Start by going to the Registry Editor.
2. Find this key:
3. Then, under Addrs, remove the folder.
4. Try pairing the Bluetooth device with your PC after restarting your computer.
Use the Device Pairing Wizard
1. To open a new Run window, press the Windows and R keys at the same time.
2. Press Enter after typing devicepairingwizard.
3. Choose the Bluetooth device you’d like to connect to your computer.
4. Alternatively, you can enter a code by clicking the ‘Or enter a code‘ link.
5. Type the numeric code that appears on the screen as quickly as possible. To enter the code, you must be really quick—press Enter.
6. The Device Pairing Wizard will then finish the pairing process by installing all of the required files.
Refresh the Bluetooth Support Service
1. Navigate to Windows search and type services.
2. Go to the Services app.
3. Right-click on the Bluetooth Support Service.
4. Choose Properties.
5. Choose the Log On tab.
6. Navigate to This account.
7. Choose Browse.
8. Navigate to Local Service → Check names → hit OK, and apply.
9. Check to see whether Windows still asks you to enter your PIN.
Update Your Drivers (Solution for Xbox Controllers)
Follow the procedures below if this problem prevents you from pairing your Xbox One controller with your Windows 10 computer.
1. Switch your Xbox controller off. You may also remove the batteries or the battery pack. Allow 10 minutes for the controller to be without power.
2. After that, turn it on.
3. Connect the controller to your Xbox system using a USB wire. You’ll be updating the drivers.
4. Navigate to Profile & System.
5. Then go to Devices & connections > Accessories in Settings.
6. Choose a controller. Make a note of the firmware version and then click the Update button.
7. Open the Device Manager on your computer.
8. Head to Network Adapters.
9. After that, choose the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
10. Select Update Driver from the context menu by right-clicking on it.
11. After installing the updated drivers, restart your computer.
12. Disconnect the controller from the console. Attempt to pair it to your computer.
Get a Newer Bluetooth Adapter
If your computer relies on a dongle to connect to Bluetooth devices, you may require a new dongle. In other words, don’t be surprised if Windows 10 asks for a PIN if your Bluetooth adapter isn’t 4.0. To connect your Xbox Controller to your PC, you’ll need Bluetooth 4.0.
Purchase a new Bluetooth adaptor; they are relatively inexpensive. Alternatively, test with a different adaptor to see if the problem persists.
Buying an original Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is the safest option. Third-party adapters or dongles are notorious for causing a slew of issues.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to fix Bluetooth connecting issue “Enter the PIN for your Device” on PC and Laptop Windows 10:
Please tell us which solution works best for you.