Backspace, Spacebar, and Enter are always in use, but you’re not aware of them. When one of them quits operating, you understand how valuable they are. What an annoyance! We will show you how to cure the problem of the Spacebar, Enter, or Backspace not working in Windows 10/8/7 in this post.
You can’t use the keyboard right now if one of these keys, such as Backspace, Spacebar, or Enter, stops working. Perhaps there’s a problem with the keyboard. However, this problem might occur on Windows PCs owing to software or driver issues.
These three keys are not working in Microsoft Notepad, Word, the Internet browser, and other products, according to several users. This shows that the issue is present in the operating system, such as Windows 10/8/7. So, how can you get your Backspace, Enter, or Spacebar to work again? Now is the time to solve the problems in the next section!
How To Fix Backspace, Spacebar and Enter Keys are not working in Windows 10/8/7
Method 1: Turn off Sticky Keys and Filter Keys
Sticky Keys and Filter Keys are two features of Windows 10. The former allows you to use keyboard shortcuts by pressing one key at a time, while the latter instructs the keyboard to ignore repeated keystrokes.
Enabling these two functions may cause some keys on the keyboard, such as Backspace, Spacebar, and Enter, to stop operating properly. As a result, disabling them can be beneficial, as several users have discovered.
Just do the following steps:
1. Navigate to Start > Settings > Ease of Access.
2. Navigate to Sticky Keys and Filter Keys the Keyboard tab to make sure the toggle is set to Off.
Method 2: Reinstall or Update Keyboard Driver
The driver may get corrupted or obsolete, causing the connection between the keyboard and your operating system to become corrupted, resulting in the issue of the Backspace, Spacebar, or Enter key not working. In Windows 10/8/7, reinstalling or updating the keyboard driver may be beneficial.
1. Navigate to the Device Manager main interface.
2. Expand Keyboards and right-click on the keyboard drive:
- Choose Uninstall device from the context menu to reinstall the keyboard driver. After that, click Uninstall and restart your computer to see whether the Backspace, Spacebar, or Enter keys work.
- To update the keyboard driver, select Update driver and Windows will automatically seek the most recent driver.
If Windows didn’t reinstall the driver, you can download the latest driver from your keyboard manufacturer’s website. If you are not a computer savvy, or if you have no time, no patience, let Driver Easy help you then.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
3. Download and install Driver Easy on your computer.
4. Launch Driver Easy and press Scan Now button. This tool will then scan your PC and detect any problem drivers.
5. Press Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Method 3: Use the Keyboard Troubleshooter
If the Spacebar, Enter, or Backspace keys in Windows 10/8/7 are not working, you can use the Keyboard Troubleshooter to fix the problem. Let’s use Windows 10 as an example.
1. Input troubleshoot in the search box and click the result.
2. Tap Keyboard and then select Run the troubleshooter.
Tip: When using the Windows Troubleshooter, you may encounter difficulty if an error occurs while troubleshooting. To acquire the solution, go to the URL provided.
Method 4: Check the Keyboard
This is a good idea to look under the keys have any physical blockages. If this is the case, clean the keys and keyboard. Also, see if the keyboard connection mode you’re using is capable of working. Finally, test the keyboard with the issue of keyboard keys not working on another PC to see if it works properly, which will help you determine if the issue is with the keyboard or with the computer.
If none of these work, simply replace the keyboard with a new one.
Is your Spacebar, Enter, or Backspace key in Windows 10/8/7 not working? This guide will show you how to solve it. Simply try these solutions based on your operating system right now.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to fix Backspace, Spacebar and Enter Keys are not working in Windows 10:
Hope something helps you.