In this article, learn how to play Minecraft for free.
Minecraft is a popular indie sandbox and survival game developed by Mojang AB. Minecraft lets you to build, fight, demolish and explore in an open-world. There are a few methods to play Minecraft for free. You can use an unauthorized Minecraft launcher, which is not exactly legal. For a more legitimate route, you can play Minecraft Classic from 2009 for free within your web browser. You can also play the demo which gives you 100 minutes of free gameplay.
Method 1. Using TLauncher.
TLauncher is an unofficial Minecraft launcher. Using it is against Mojang’s End User License Agreement. What’s more, it may contain malware and viruses that can be harmful to your PC or laptop. So we would recommend you scan the downloaded file for viruses before using TLauncher and that you use a VPN while using it.
2. Once the file is downloaded, go to the folder that contains the “TLauncher-release-version-installer.exe” file and double-click on the file to run the install process.
In order to run TLauncher, you need to install the latest version of Java on your Windows PC.
3. After the installation of TLauncher is complete, click Continue.
4. Enter the name user (any), select the latest version of Minecraft. Click on the “Install” button. The first time you play, you will need to install the game.
5. Every other time, you can click on the “Enter the game” button to start playing for free.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to get Minecraft 1.17.1 for free on PC:
Method 2. Playing Minecraft Classic.
1. Open your web browser, visit to https://classic.minecraft.net.
This website loads the classic 2009 version of Minecraft. This version doesn’t have all the features that the latest version of Minecraft has, but it is a nice solution to experience older versions of Minecraft for free.
2. Type the username you want to use in-game in the blank space in the center of the screen. You can pick any username you want.
3. Click on the “Start” button. This will launch the classic game in your web browser.
Method 3. Playing the Demo.
1. Open your browser, visit to https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/.
This is the page where you can download Minecraft and try the demo for free.
2. Click on the “Download for Windows” button.
3. Double click the Minecraftinstaller.msi file to install the Minecraft Launcher. Follow the steps to install the Minecraft Launcher.
4. Launch the Minecraft Launcher.
In order to run the Minecraft Launcher, you need to install the latest version of Java on your Windows PC.
5. Click on the “Sign Up” button. This opens a web browser you can use to sign up for a Minecraft account.
6. Type your email address and password. In order to play the Minecraft demo, you’ll need to fill out the form and register for an account. Type your email address twice to confirm it and then put your desired password.
7. Click on the “Create account” button. This will send a confirmation email to your email address with a confirmation code.
8. Type the verification code from your email address in the Minecraft sign-up page. And click “Verify“.
9. Launch the Minecraft Launcher and log in with the email address and password associated with your Minecraft account.
10. Click on the “Play Demo” button. This launches the Minecraft demo.
Now you can play the demo version for free for 100 minutes over a maximum period of 5 days.
That’s about it.