CrystalDiskInfo is a useful tool that allows you to effortlessly monitor your HDD or SSD. It supports USB HDDs, RAID, and NVMe and can monitor S.M.A.R.T. values.
Monitoring the condition of your storage devices is critical, especially if you don’t plan on replacing them frequently.
More importantly, knowing about problems before they happen means you’ll never have to worry about losing big amounts of data.
CrystalDiskInfo system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003
- Architecture: supports x86, x64, and ARM64 systems
- Software: Internet Explorer versions 8.0 and higher
- Miscellaneous: .NET Framework versions 2.0 and higher
How To Download & Install CrystalDiskInfo in Windows 10
Finding the correct CrystalDiskInfo package for you can be difficult, owing to the fact that this tool comes in a variety of varieties. It’s worth noting, though, that the distinctions are mainly cosmetic.
Even if the Standard, Shizuku, and Kurei Kei versions appear to be confusing, keep in mind that the last two editions only offer a few more personalization options.
With that in mind, go ahead and download whatever appeals to you. However, if you’re not particularly tech-savvy, we recommend going with the ordinary edition of CrystalDiskInfo.
How to download CrystalDiskInfo?
1. Visit the CrystalDiskInfo website for further information.
2. Find the edition you’re looking for.
3. Depending on your system, select ZIP or Installer.
4. Allow time for the download to finish.
The ZIP file will work on Windows XP, however, the installer will only operate on Windows Vista and subsequent versions of Windows.
CrystalDiskInfo is completely free thanks to an MIT license.
How to install/setup CrystalDiskInfo?
1. (ZIP) Extract the ZIP’s content
2. (Installer) Run the setup program.
3. Follow the directions on the screen.
4. Toggle auto-launch after setup
5. Finish by pressing the Finish button.
How to uninstall CrystalDiskInfo?
1. Open the Settings app on Windows.
2. Go to the Apps section of the website.
3. Choose CrystalDiskInfo from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
5. To proceed, follow the on-screen instructions.
You won’t be able to optimize your HDD/SSD with CrystalDiskInfo because it isn’t a tune-up program. It, on the other hand, performs an excellent job of benchmarking your PC’s storage media and even notifies you when something appears to be wrong.
If there’s a problem with your HDD/SSD, you can either play an alert sound or receive an email message.
In this video, we are gonna show you how to use CrystalDiskInfo Portable to check your hard-disk health and details in PC:
In the end, CrystalDiskInfo is a comprehensive HDD/SSD monitoring tool. The main disadvantage is that it has a lot of functions that can take some time to learn.