This tutorial will show you how to download any Windows 10 version ISO from Microsoft. Microsoft offers its own Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 ISO, but it always generates ISO file of the latest version of Windows 10. If you want to download any other version ISO of Windows 10, then this guide is useful for you. After the Windows 10 ISO file has downloaded, simply create a bootable USB, and then install Windows 10.
We have covered 3 tools to help you download a particular version of Windows 10. For example, you will be able to download the ISO file for Anniversary Update version 1607, version 1709, version 2004, Creators Update, version 20H2 or October 2020 Update, and more The ISO file is fetched directly from the servers of Microsoft. Here are the tools:
Download ANY Windows 10 version ISO from Microsoft For Free
Fido is a PowerShell script that is primarily designed to be used in Rufus, but that can also be used in standalone fashion, and whose purpose is to automate access to the official Microsoft Windows retail ISO download links.
Download its zip archive and extract it by using WinRAR or 7Zip. After that, right-click on Fido.ps1 file, and click the Run with PowerShell option. It will open PowerShell and then a small box will occur.
In that box, you need to select available options and click the Continue button. Follow these steps:
1. Choose Windows 10 release.
2. Select Windows 10 edition.
3. Select Language.
4. Select Architecture.
5. Lastly, click on the Download button, and then download Windows 10 ISO to any output folder of your choice.
Checkout this video to illustrate this guide:
Rufus is a popular tool to create bootable USB drives but it is also one of the simple options to create any Windows 10 version ISO. It uses the Fido PowerShell script to download Windows 10 ISO. This software is available in portable and installer versions.
1. Download Rufus from this source.
2.Plug-in a USB device to your computer. On its interface, choose your USB in the Device section.
3. Then, choose the Disk or ISO image option from the Boot selection drop-down menu. After that, click on the DOWNLOAD option from the drop-down menu. Now click on the DOWNLOAD button.
4. It will start running the download script and a small box will pop up just. There, choose Windows 10 and click on the Continue button. Now you can chose any of the available versions. Continue for the next steps where you have to choose a Windows 10 edition, language, and architecture.
5. Click on the Download button and choose the output folder to save your ISO file.
3. Universal MediaCreationTool
Universal MediaCreationTool is an open-source tool that you can try to create an ISO file of any Windows 10 version.
1. Download Universal MediaCreationTool from here.
2. Extract the downloaded zip and execute the MediaCreationTool.bat file.
3. When its interface appears, select a Windows 10 version and it will start the preparation.
4. Then, the Media Creation Tool window for that particular version will open. Now you can follow the steps such as create installation media, choose Windows 10 edition, language, and you will be able to download an ISO file for that specific version of Windows 10.