5 Ways to Delete Multiple Facebook Messages
If you’ve been using Facebook for a long time and send messages to your friends and contacts, you’ll notice that your message inbox is filled with messages. You may also wish to remove them because handling them is difficult, and especially pointless communications are useless to you. It will take a long time to delete them manually. Facebook doesn’t let you remove numerous messages by default; instead, you can delete the entire chat. There’s an archive option on the main messages pane that hides messages but doesn’t destroy them. You can now go through each message one by one and remove them. This appears to be a time-consuming task. What if we told you there were alternative options? In this post, we will show you 3 Ways to Delete Multiple Facebook Messages.
- 5 Ways to Delete Multiple Facebook Messages
- Method 1: Facebook Fast Delete Messages Chrome extension
- Method 2: Deleting Messages on your PC
- Method 3: Deleting Messages on your Mobile (Android)
- Method 4: Bulk Deletion
- Method 5: Deleting Messages on iOS
5 Ways to Delete Multiple Facebook Messages
Method 1: Facebook Fast Delete Messages Chrome extension
Facebook Fast Delete Messages is a popular Google Chrome extension that will assist you in deleting many messages. To install the extension and delete messages, follow these steps:
1. Go to the chrome web store and follow these steps to add the Facebook Fast Delete Messages Extension.
2. Once you’ve added, tap on the Facebook Fast Delete Messages extension icon then tap on the Open Messages button.
Note: If you are already logged in, this will take you to the Facebook messages page. Log in to your Facebook account if you haven’t already.
3. When the page loads, click the Extension icon again, then the Delete All Messages button.
4. A confirmation window will pop up, asking are you sure you want to delete all messages. To delete all the messages, tap on Yes, Delete.
All of your Facebook communications will be wiped in this manner.
Method 2: Deleting Messages on your PC
Follow these steps to delete your multiple messages from Facebook using your PC or laptop.
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Tap on Messages in the upper right corner, then select “See All in Messenger” in the bottom left corner of the popup.
3. Hover over the chat and click the three-dot icon, then pick the “Delete” option to delete the entire message thread.
4. You will then be given three options: Cancel, Delete, or Hide Conversation. To complete the deletion of the entire chat, select the “Delete” option.
For deleting any specific text or message of your conversation
1. Open the conversation & hover over the message.
2. Tap on the 3 horizontal dots and then tap on Remove option.
Method 3: Deleting Messages on your Mobile (Android)
To erase several Facebook messages on a smartphone, follow these steps:
1. Download the Facebook Messenger app from the Google Play Store if you don’t already have it.
2. Log in to the app using your username and password.
To delete the complete conversation:
1. Select & hold down the thread you’d like to delete, a short popup will appear.
2. On the red circle on the right side of the screen, press on the Recycle bin icon.
3. A confirmation popup will appear, press on Delete.
In case you wish to delete a single message
1. Open the conversation and press and hold any message you want to erase.
2. Next, press on Remove at the bottom.
3. Besides the “Remove for you” option, press on the delete icon.
How to Archive Facebook Messages on Android:
1. Navigate to your Messenger.
2. You will see the list of your conversations, press on the Chats icon.
3. Press and hold any specific conversations which you wish to archive. Tap on three horizontal lines icon.
4. A popup will appear, choose the Archive option and your messages will be archived.
Method 4: Bulk Deletion
There are various Chrome extensions that allow you to delete multiple messages at once, but “Delete All Messages for Facebook” is one of the best.
1. Click the Add to Chrome button to install the Chrome extension “Delete All Messages for Facebook.”
2. Open Messenger in Chrome and log in to your Facebook account.
3. If you don’t scroll down to load your messages, they won’t be removed.
4. From the top-right corner of the Google toolbar, select Extension.
5. From the extension menu, choose “Choose & Delete.”
6. Using the checkboxes on the left side, select the messages you want to remove. Then, at the top of the page, select “Delete Selected Messages.” The messages you chose will be removed from the system.
The Nuclear option
1. Launch Facebook Messenger in Chrome.
2. You must now scroll down to view your messages, or they will not be removed.
3. In the toolbar, click the extension icon in the top-right corner.
4. Now pick “Delete All Messages” and follow the prompts!
Method 5: Deleting Messages on iOS
1. Open the Messenger app and search your chat for the message you want to delete.
2. Tap & hold the conversation you’d like to Delete. Now, press on three horizontal lines icon and choose Delete.
That’s all there is to it; you’ve now learned How to delete multiple Facebook messages. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments.